The Chariot - Chapter 10

Chapter Ten - Realizations

Draco awoke with an uncharacteristic smile upon his face. He immediately felt a warm body entangled in his arms and gathered it even closer. Harry's face and upper torso was resting on his chest, and he could feel his heart thudding under Harry's weight. He sighed blissfully and rubbed his face against the sweet smelling, crop of hair and laid a kiss in the midst of it. He looked down at the still sleeping face of Harry.

It was morning, and his green curtains cast a lime coloured glow around their little sanctuary. Harry's black, dusky eyelashes cast a shadow across his soft cheeks. His lips curved slightly as he slept on. He looked so serene. Draco watched him, feeling Harry's chest rise and fall against his.

There was just something about having a person asleep in your arms, which filled you with an inspired awe. Their complete lack of consciousness was entrusted to you. It saturated your whole being with a reverential all consuming sensation.

Keep me safe; keep me warm, protect me while I sleep, they say. And you do – for as long as you can. You try not to move for fear of waking them. So you lay with them for as long as they need. And Draco did just that.

He hugged Harry to him ever so gently, enjoying the complete quiet and the euphoric feeling of having Harry in his arms. They had spent their first night together and Draco basked in the moment.

Harry's eyes eventually fluttered open a while later, and the first thing he saw was Draco smiling at him quietly. Draco felt his breath catch as Harry softly smiled back, his green eyes catching the hazy light. His eyes were miraculous and his smile pierced the very essence of you.

'Morning,' Draco whispered.

Harry raised his head and brushed his lips across Draco's mouth.

'Morning.'

He rested his head back again on Draco's chest and they lay in silence for a few minutes.

Harry slid his hand under Draco's top and Draco shuddered as Harry's fingers glided over his chest. He bent his head slightly, catching Harry in a deep kiss. Harry moaned softly and moved on top of Draco, not parting their lips for a second. Draco felt his stomach lurch as Harry pressed down onto him, engulfing Draco in his arms, his legs - lapping Draco's tongue with his own.

Draco felt as if he was…..

sinking…

falling….

And all he could feel was Harry. His heart was racing and he gripped Harry as tight as he could. As if he never wanted to let go.

'Draco,' Harry groaned and kissed every bit of Draco's skin he could reach.

Draco could feel himself edging closer to the last brink of self-control. He had this burning urgency to be as close to Harry as he could get. He grasped Harry to his chest and in one swift move moved Harry underneath him. He pinned Harry down with the weight of his body, dropping heavy kisses on Harry's neck. He felt pleasure shoot through him as Harry arched up into his body.

' Oh god, Harry,' he moaned softly.

Hot, burning kisses, pressing ever closer.

Draco feverishly kissed Harry's mouth, his face, his hands. Imprinting fiery lips across the smooth skin, which felt like silk. He could hear Harry's soft sighs and felt almost insane with desire.

Suddenly, Draco realised that he was positioned in between Harry's open thighs, moving up and down against Harry's body. He gulped and softened his kisses and eased his frantic pace, sinking his teeth in gently on Harry's shoulder.