Chapter 10

a/n at the end of the chapter!

'What is going on?' Violet thought. 'Is this really Areglo?'

"Are..are you really him?" Violet was confused. Why is this guy here and why is he saying he's Areglo? Is this a prank?

"Yes. I'm Areglo. You're Violet Potter, I met you on the Hogwarts Express three years ago. We need to talk." He looked serious. His face was pale and eyes, stern. Areglo didn't give Violet anytime to speak as he speed walked to the closest exit. Violet stood there, speechless, then quickly followed the mysterious boy.

She scurried into the dark hallway, glanced back at the lively ball, and continued to follow Areglo. "How much further are we going?" Violet asked him, getting more annoyed each step taken.

"Not far, hurry up." Areglo turned and ran up a long flight of stairs. This kept on for quite a while until the two reached a small corridor.

"Why are we here? This is jus-Wait. Why are we here? How do you even know about this place?" Violet placed her hands on her hips as she faced Areglo. "What is going on?"

"I'll tell you everything, let's just go inside first." And so a door appeared. Areglo gestured towards the door, as if to say "ladies first." Violet eyed him suspiciously, opened the door, and walked in.

The room was small, Violet noticed. It had two couches facing each other, both dark burgundy. There was also a fireplace behind one of the couches. The walls of the room were a peach color with a golden chandelier in the middle of the ceiling. It was a nice room, comforting and warm. Violet thought, 'Reminds me of Gryffindor.' She sat down on a couch, enjoying the soft feeling of the fabric. Sadly, this was not a time for being comforted. It was a time for answers.

"Areglo. Where have you been? I haven't seen you for three whole years. I don't remember you being at the sorting, and I've asked the professors about you, they had no clue who I was talking about. I don't know what's going on!" She was irritated. Violet hadn't seen this guy in forever, and all of a sudden, he randomly shows up at the school ball and needs to talk to her?

"Well if you'd let me speak, maybe I can give you answers!" Areglo let out a big sigh, and began to explain.

"So. To put it simply, I'm a ghost. I can choose when someone sees me, so no one saw me come up to you earlier. Also, I've been dead for a while. I doubt anyone remembers me- maybe Dumbledore, but that's a pretty big maybe. Anyways, Violet, I need your-"

"What."

Violet was so confused, how did he die? Why was he on the Hogwarts Express all of those years ago and why did he go into her compartment? What was going on?

Not wanting to stay confused, she decided to voice her questions.

Areglo squinted his eyes at her and pinched the bridge of his nose. He was very annoyed, it seems. "Can I please talk. This is getting ridiculous."

Violet nodded sheepishly, "Of course, sorry!"

He cleared his throat, and continued his explanation. "Like I was saying, I'm a ghost. And to answer your questions, every year, I rode the Hogwarts Express in hopes of finding someone to aid me in my mission. Someone competent, that is. I went into your compartment because I could sense some strong energy coming from inside. That strong energy happened to be you, Violet."

Areglo paused, remembering something. "Oh, and once you agree to joining my mission, I'll tell you more about it. For now, all you need to know is that it involves my family."

A silence followed his words.

"I'm done, you can talk now."

"Right! You said 'rode' not 'ride'. Does this means you don't ride it anymore? Is it because you found me?" Violet decided not to ask about his death, it was probably a sensitive subject.

He nodded. "Yes, and I'm sure you'll ask about why I disappeared. The answer is simple. I had some lingering business to deal with. Riding the express every year didn't give me much time to do what I needed to do. Also, it was a good way for you to get stronger. Think about how powerful you are now compared to your eleven year old self. Of course, you still have some growing to do, but I do think you'll be capable of helping me now."

"Okay. I'll have to think about it. Can I talk to my friends about this whole situation? At least my brother, he won't tell anyone!"

"Are you sure about that? From the little I've seen of him, I can already assume he'd tell his fellow 'marauders' everything. You shouldn't tell anyone if you for sure cannot trust them."

Violet blushed a little, knowing that Areglo was right about her brother. Maybe she could tell Remus? He's pretty trustworthy. But...then again, he might tell Sirius. Thinking about it, she realized that she couldn't really talk to anyone about this. There was always a possibility that whoever she told would tell someone else. 

"I guess you're right. I can't tell anyone. I love my friends, but how can I truly know that they won't go telling people. And this has to stay a secret, I'm guessing?" Violet wished she could have more faith in her friends, but sadly, they were quite the chatterboxes. 

Areglo lightly smiled and nodded. "Exactly. I'm sorry you can't ask people for advice, or just talk to someone other than me about this, but it's necessary. Not to make this sound even more mysterious, but if any of this gets out...well... bad stuff could happen."

Violet thought that was a bit dramatic. She let out a snort but shrugged. "Okay, I get it. Well, this has been fun, but if you're done explaining everything, I have a ball to get back to!" She got up from her place on the couch, and started walking to the door.

Areglo quickly got up as well and loosely grabbed her wrist. "Wait! There's one more thing. When you've made your decision to help me, meet me at the top of the astronomy tower during the night. It doesn't matter what time of the night, or what day you'll be there. I'll know." 

She pulled her wrist back. "Alright. Um, I'll see you there then. Mmm...bye now!" Violet ran out the door, waving behind her. She wanted to get back to the ball as soon as possible. She could worry about this whole Areglo thing tomorrow, after she'd had her fill of dancing with her friends.

A/n: uhhh hi. it's been a while. i hope you liked this chapter! i think i'm gonna start writing violet potter again, but who knows. i'll probably start working on chapter 11 rn, so look forward to that.  

thanks @RegulusArterusWrites for the inspo! i appreciate it. i hope ur name linked. oh well. 

anyways. that's about it. sorry if there's bad grammer, i'm not the best at editing! also, you may or may not see previous chapters being published, i might try to edit those, we'll see.

bye!

1207 words