Chapter 9

A/n- holy crap I've been gone so long... so sorry about that..I've been busy and just not really thought about updating or even starting to write the next chapter. Once again, I'm so so sorry and hope you like it! (I'll talk more at the end of the chapter:)

"Lily, oh Lily, I'm so scared right now! What if I actually look horrible and everyone laughs at me? Or what if I fall? OH GOSH! PLEASE, DON'T LET ME FALL!"

"Violet Potter, you'll be fine. You look stunning, and I definitely won't let you fall!" Lily giggled. The 2 girls had decided to wait a bit after the rest of the bunch had left, so they could say a few things to each other in private.

" Lily Evans, what on Earth would I do without you? You're one of my closest and greatest friends, and I hope you know that!"

"Aww, Violet, I do know that! You're my bestie too! Now let's get this show on the road and have fun!" Lily exclaimed happily.

The two girls then rushed out the dormitories and ran to the ball area. They slowly walked down the halls before the banquet.

"Hey, Lils, you go first, ok?" Whispered Violet. Lily agreed and waltzed down the staircase.

"Woah."

Everyone stopped dancing and mingling and looked over to the mighty Lily Evans.

Lily stopped for a moment, embarrassed of all the attention she was getting. After she got down to the ball, she motioned for Violet to go down with her.

Violet gave her a scared glance, and nervously walked down the stairs, holding the ends of her dress with a couple fingers.

Sirius was gobsmacked(a/n-is that a word? Lmao). "Oh Merlin. She's bloody gorgeous, mate." He very surprisedly said to James.

"Ah, I know.."James gazed lovingly towards Lily. "Not her, Violet! Although Lily is pretty too." Sirius said.

"Uh, hey guys!" Violet finally got down to the bottom of the staircase, where the rest of her friends were waiting. She gave a quick glance to Sirius and he smirked at her. He walked towards her, about to complement her, but it seemed Remus had beaten him.

"Wow, Violet. You look amazing!" Remus lightly pushed Sirius to the side, grinning at Violet. She giggled. "Thanks Remus, you don't look too bad yourself."

Remus's face went pink, and he left to talk with Peter. "Oh. Ok?" Violet wondered why he left. She waved."I'll talk to you later Remus!"

Sirius finally was able to get to her. "Wow Vi, you really outdid yourself!" "Oh, thanks Sirius! You look..wow."

Violet hadn't really looked at him before, but now... now that she actually looked at him, well she liked what she saw, to say the least. He was wearing a regular wizards dress wear(a/n-?), but damn did he wear it well. His long dark hair went perfectly with his black robe. And his eyes, oh his eyes were a perfect stormy gray tonight, they completed his look.

Violet didn't really realize that she was staring, so when Sirius awkwardly coughed, she blushed immediately.

Sirius winked. " Enjoy my good looks?" Violet was a tomato. "I..uh.." She was speechless. She had no idea what to say. "I knew it, you're in love with me..you could've just told me,though. You didn't need to stare at me to get your feelings across." Violet finally snapped out of it. "I'm not in love with you, Siri! I-I don't even like you like that! I mean-ew!" She flipped her hair to try to give extra effect to her claim. (Sounds like I'm writing an essay lol 'effect to her claim'?)

Sirius was kinda hurt. Okay. Not kinda. A lot. But he didn't show it, of course not. He was the cool, confident and collected great looking guy of the group, he couldn't show his hurt. His pain. His emotion. Especially in front of the girl he liked. So he gave Violet a halfhearted smirk, told her he was gonna go get a drink, then get James to stop stalking Lily, and he left her.

'Damn' Violet thought. 'Why do guys keep leaving me tonight?'

So hours past, and Violet was incredibly bored. Peter had tried to flirt with her earlier(he was drunk), and Sirius was avoiding her, and Lily was with the girls, which Violet didn't want to deal with their giggling and high pitches voices (a/n- not trying to offend anyone here, just making them the stereotypical girly girl, so sorry if I did offend you) right now. So she was sulking in a corner, when some random guy she had never seen before came up to her, or at least she thought she had never seen him before he told her he was her missing friend. He was Areglo......and needed to talk with her, immediately.........

To be continued..

A/n- and that's a wrap folks! At least for this chapter...how was it? I know my writing style might be just a bit different than from the last time I wrote, but I hope it's still good! I also started the first part of the chapter a little bit ago(a long bit ago) so it may be different, too. I haven't really edited this, so grammar police, help!

Once again, I am so so so so so so so so so so sorry I haven't updated in forever, I really have been having a lot of writers block for this and my other stories. I Know that my apologies might not mean much to you, but I hope you can accept them.

If you want any questions on my story, or other stories, please, just ask. If you need anyone to talk to, know I'm here!

So how have you guys been? It's been a while, at least for fans of this story. How's school? Life? Get into any new fandoms? I know I have. I just recently got into Beetlejuice and love it! If you could recommend a good fanfic for it that would be great! Is anyone else surprised by Sophia's abrupt leaving? I definitely am.

Um... well I guess that's it for this chapter, please comment and vote on this, that way I'll know you want more with this. Have a good night/day, and see you next chapter, or comment, whichever comes first :)

Goodbye!!

-Kate m ❤️ (I apologize for the long ass a/n)