Chapter Two - "Off to a Subpar Start!"

Tensions were rising for all, yet even worse for Raikō. Despite the many who knew of his supposed conflict, Alastor had asked for one thing in particular.

An explanation for being called "God's Lapdog".

Hearing this unsettled him immensely, as it resulted in nothing more than conflict amongst the demons he's previously encountered. The only thing he knew was that explaining this, would result in more conflict, and possibly a potential loss of his newfound job.

Slightly sweating nervously, he chuckled awkwardly, coming up with a somewhat simple lie. "Well. . .They probably say that, since I'm focused on, well . . . Helping out the needy. . .Haha. . ." He said, resisting the urge to not display his nervousness. Alastor only smiled, his eyes flickering, before closing the distance between him and Raikō.

"You wouldn't happen to be an angel in disguise, or perhaps kin to him, would you?" Alastor asked, causing Raikō's pupils to dilate.

". . .Well, some people could say that, since I've always lent a hand to them. . .There's Eren. . . Rick. . .?" He muttered, his eyes darting away, before back to Alastor.

". . .Mm, I see. Well, my Spikey Fellow, I haven't seen your face in my many many years of being here! Would you at least lend me your name, if not your story?" He smiled in a more friendly tone, extending his hand which had a red and black, bright glow. Looking over to Angel, he went back to eating his own popsicle, sitting on the chair.
Did people not see the glow he was seeing? It was bright enough to set the hotel alight and felt ominous. Something within him screamed to not grasp onto his hand, but he didn't want to appear as suspicious, so he forced every fiber of his being to do so.
"Raikō. . .Raikō Namai-" He continued, before freezing with wide eyes. It was as if his soul pulsated outward, yet violently. During this odd feeling, he felt as if something was triggered within him, but wasn't dangerous enough to put his life at risk.
"Raikō. . .My, you'd be from Japan, then?" Alastor said, smiling sinisterly as he saw what Raikō could not.
Raikō's left eye formed a sigil that spun violently in response to their contact. It was the symbol of a Tomoe, changing his sclera to black and the symbol to red, before shifting his eyes back to its normal, demonic color.
". . .Yeah. You know the language?" Raikō asked, removing his hand from the demon, yet holding an aggressive look on his face from what just happened. At this point, he was growing a mental defense, in case the overlord intended to attack him whilst he was here.
"Japan was the talk of the town, back in the 1940s. It was quite wonderous, to see the suffering of all. . ." Alastor said, the red glow along his eyes growing even further. Clenching his fists, Raikō's eyes unknowingly begin to glow as well, smoke escaping from his left iris rotating and forming into a rather different symbol than what appeared before.

Yet before anyone could make a single move, Charlie appeared right in their field of view, thus causing them to return to their normal forms. Raiko darts his eyes away from the overlord, whilst Alastor simply contains a grin on his face.

"Okay! So, Al, you're sketchy as fuck, and you clearly see what I'm trying to do here as a joke." Charlie says, before looking away from the two. In the midst of that, Raiko and Alastor's demon forms reoccur, before disappearing due to her eyes darting back towards them.
Eventually, her slight frown turns into a hopeful smile, as she continues. ". . . But I don't. I think everyone deserves a chance to prove they can be better. . . So I'm taking your offer to help, On the condition that there be no... tricks or voodoo strings attached." Charlie says, making hand gestures to emphasize her point.

"So, it's a deal, then?" Alastor says, causing a green burst of energy to blast outward. Of course, this results in everyone looking towards his direction with a rather scared expression. . .All except Raiko of course.