I - 17 de Febrero

'OPEN your eyes, please

'OPEN your eyes, please.' A voice so far yet so close, pleaded like angels. "Wake up for me." Another request hindered her mind. The desperation in the familiar voice felt lifeless.

"Wake up, Mireia." Tossing and turning, Mireia furrowed her brows, recalling the same dream. Her curiosity wanted to stay asleep; she wanted to know where this voice was coming from.

"Mireia, wake up!" A gentle touch brought Mireia back to her senses. Convalescing from her trance, her body and mind accommodated itself to the mundane feeling. Her lungs felt heavy and needed to breathe.

"Mireia, are you ok? You weren't breathing for a second!" Adelita worried as she felt her best friend's low pulse. "I'm ok, I need some water," Mireia asked, her heartbeat knocking against her ribs.

"What was it this time?" Adelita asked as she poured the omelette batter into the preheated pan. Mireia traced the rim of the glass just as she remembered the whispers of the voice that replaced the sounds of her once peaceful sleep.

"A voice telling me to wake up." Adelita looked at her with a small smile. "A voice telling you to wake up? That's the first." Adelita chuckled, turning around to ensure her omelette isn't burning.

"It was a very masculine voice and sounded like a plea." Mireia's curiosity was something that was unconsciously killing her, but she wanted to know more. "Well, it worked, else you would have died, and not on my watch are you dying on me." Adelita pointed the spatula at Mireia with a serious tone.

Mireia waited until Adelita's omelette was prepared; it was a routine for them to eat breakfast together in the morning. "When are you going to the auction house?" Adelita questioned before sipping on her homemade orange juice.

"After I've finished this, then I have to meet with Mr Fontanez to discuss the interior designs of the building that's being renovated." Mireia listed. Her obsession with vintage antiques grew with her; it brought relaxation along with the stress of having it perfectly fitted.

"Ok, I'll go with you but I won't be able to go with you to the meeting, I have to go to the gallery and make sure they are sold by tomorrow." Adelita sighed. A small vibration, emitting from Adelita's phone made her fingers type quickly, her nails tapping on the screen.

"Sorry, Reia, I have to go, we have a customer who wants to place an order," Adelita said, getting up and placing her dishes in the sink. "That's fine, I'll see you around three-thirty," Mireia replied.

Walking into the auction house, Mireia sat on the chair closest to the front. She was given a number zero twenty-eight to represent herself to the naked eyes of thousands of other bidders.

The hall was grand and fairly old. Mireia had a budget of thirty thousand to spend, but as time went by it seemed as if she was going to leave with nothing. Each time the auction hammer dropped, Mireia felt drowsy with boredom.

"Lastly, selling at the starting price of one thousand dollars, we present to you an antique violin." The auctioneer said. Mireia eyed the violin, checking at the smooth varnished touch. "One thousand five hundred?" The auctioneer suggested.

Many bidding signs were raised, including Mireia's, she was dedicated of making that antique hers. The violin seemed like she had seen it before yet couldn't decipher where.

"Three thousand?" The price increased while people were on the phones talking about the treasure in front of their eyes. Mireia kept her bidding sign up high, she wanted it bad.

Soon the price rose dramatically that the bidders sighed with exhaustion and hopelessness, but Mireia was adamant. "Fifteen thousand?" Mireia believed she was the only bidder willing to pay for the antique but her hope was shattered as the price increased.

"Twenty-five thousand?" Mireia turned to look at the bidder on the other side of the hall. His tall broad figure wasn't hard to miss. The perfectly pressed suit tightened around his arms, trying not to rip as his arms flexed.

Mireia hooked her eyes on to his dark honey eyes, it was only the two of them and they both knew this would end with one winner and the other a loser.

"Twenty-six thousand," Mireia exclaimed, not once taking her eyes off of the man. He smirked turning to face the man before lifting his bidding sign, number zero sixty-nine. "Twenty-seven thousand" He betted.

Mireia gulped, praying that he would stop this game. "Twenty-nine thousand," Mireia said, her hopes were high but to her displeasure, the unknown man smiled wickedly.

"Thirty-five thousand!" His voice was dominant, which made Mireia's ego bow down in submissiveness. Mireia's hand clenched into fists, her nails penetrating her soft skin, moulding the curves of her nails.

"Going once" The auctioneer exclaimed due to the silent response. "Going twice" Mireia's eyes hooked on to the man, who smiled with victory. "Sold!" The auction hammer rang in her ears.

Mireia rose like everybody else and headed towards the door to take a breath of fresh air, her only destination was to go to the nearby Brooklyn Cafe.

"Excuse me, I have a meeting with Mr Fontanez," Mireia said politely to the receptionist. "I assume you are Miss Perales?" Mireia nodded. The receptionist smiled and gave her an ID card that had 'guest' written on it.

"He's on the twelfth floor." The receptionist smiled whilst Mireia placed the ID card over her head. "Thank you!" Mireia hurried to the elevator before noticing that her meeting would commence soon.

Quickly, walking out of the elevator, Mireia knocked on the fogged glass door, waiting for permission to enter. "You may come in," Mireia obeyed the familiar voice and opened the door.

"Welcome Miss Perales. It's a pleasure-" Mireia looked up from her leather file to be met with the man, who challenged her at the auction house.

"You're Mr Fontanez?"

Hope you enjoyed this chapter

Hope you enjoyed this chapter. If you did, let me know your thoughts. Anyways, as always, have a wonderful day or good night's sleep.

Rose xx