all hopes is lost 2]

A guest- I said in a questionable tone while raising my eyebrows and rubbing my chin.

"Yes, a guest. How many times do I have to repeat myself, Ada? What is distracting you? Did you not recall father's words? You must not get distracted," mother instructed in a scolding and an obvious frustrating expression.

I speculated to myself, no one comes unannounced in our kingdom unless they desperately need something. Although we might be a favourable kingdom, helpful is not the word I'd used to describe Matias. I've seen a various amount of tragedies in the past and we have simply dismissed them. Forbidding to get involved so we remain impartial with all nations.

Now, that I've realized this crucial aspect. A king is visiting. He wants something.

Last time a king came, I winced just at the indication of it. I rather not think about the startling possibilities. All I know is, this is terrible. I felt a feeling I couldn't interpret. Butterflies in my stomach or my heart plunging just as Jonah did to me.

"Mother, I'm not feeling very well." I said as I was picking at my nails, gazing past her, avoiding to make eye contact.

"All of a sudden, huh? You are to go downstairs. I don't care if you are sick or not. Push through it. After all, you want your father to be proud. Do you?" She looked into my eyes, attempting to get a reaction out of me. Whilst an eerie smirk splattered across her face.

"I-"

"Does a princess stutter? Have you not any manners, Ada."

"My manners have not been forgotten. I'll be straight down."

With every step I took, the closer to my doom I was. I could not walk steadily as my whole body trembled and the blurriness arrived. What are you up to father? If only I could flee. Find a way, I must, I will! But all hope left as I approached my father and king Defaz.

"Don't speak unless spoken to. Don't. You must not speak out of order and talk with confidence and certainty." Mother's words ricocheting throughout my head.

"Ah! King Defaz! Haven't seen you since our glorious day. How do you do? In a cheerful but unsettling tone, father uttered."

"Very well, Darius, Defaz said."

"Haha, swerving the professionalism as always, king Defaz."

Most of the discussion was them joking around and having fun. I stood there useless like souvenirs waiting to be bought. These men had their attention on something else. Not once did they look in my direction or mother's.

Father didn't even introduce mother.

Father was...way too happy. I've never seen him this happy. Not even on his wedding day with his 7th wife. It was truly unsettling. What the hell is going on?

"Anyway- What do I owe you to such a visit? A late but rather substantial visit. It's been a while, my good friend," Darius said grinning with delight.

"As you know, Defaz swallowed hard before continuing, my daughter, Zenab. Zenab...just gazing at images of her; pretending as if she was here made me sane. Zenab.. She was 19 years old. She was someone who truly adored existence. Making her presence felt everywhere she went while always retaining a smile on her face."

"She was truly beautiful. My daughter.. It even surprised me that I made her. She came out of the womb being elegant as ever and ended her life just as so. She had long lengthy blonde hair and bangs that obscured her eyes like a sheepdog. Took after her mother's rich hazel eyes that were inviting. "

"A lean and long figure, light as a feather, and curves that wrap tightly around her clothing. I cannot disregard her personality as well. A clever and easy-going person. She had a whole life planned out!"