renaissance [4]

Ada's POV:

It's been a couple of minutes since my father woke me up and instructed me to get ready to meet King Defaz. In 10 minutes, I decided to stop sulking around. After all, I am a princess, I'd be dammed if someone told me otherwise. He wants me to be his "wife", I scoffed. He's certainly going to receive a "wife", smirking at the remark of being his. Oh, how I love a revenge arc.

I grabbed all my stuff deemed necessary and slowly walk down the stairs taking in my last moments of this place I called home for the past 20 years. The little indents on the wood I made when I was younger, the beautiful brown cheetah print cover on the stairs, the pattern overlapping each other. Lastly, the glass chandelier hanging above the staircase. Running my hands on the railings as I walk downstairs. All the memories I once had, good and bad, gradually floated down a river as I began to make my exit. I'll miss you, I whisper to myself.

"Ah, you must be the infamous Ada I've heard of. Turns out you are the talk of the town", a voice that I had not recognized spoke up. The tone with obvious sarcastic excitement.

That cannot be Defaz..right? My mind must be tripping as that man that just spoke up did not sound like Defaz. As I inch closer to the individual, I realize I was right. This isn't Defaz. Who the hell is this person?

An intense glare is followed by my entrance to the main corridor. Standing there as he's adjusting the cuffs of his sleeves. A tall man stood there presumably. Assuming his height, he looks as if he is about 6'2 or 6'3. His long black curls, each one consciously falling on the side of his face highlights a sharp jawline. The colour of his eyes, hazel, a combination of a dark green combined with an alluring brown circling his eyes. Dark black eyebrows with a high arch, filled with curiosity as he furrows them staring at me. The most prominent feature sticking out to me was his lips. Curling at the sight of me, forming a smirk. Those pink luscious lips, comparable to the feeling of touching clouds. Awestruck, a feeling all too familiar as my heart beats rapidly from my chest, attempting an escape. Whilst admiration, a question arises through his piercing gaze, snapping me out of a trance.

I walk up to him with a puzzled expression on my face. Collecting my thoughts as I retort; "And, who might you be? You certainly aren't Defaz."

"Nice to know you know eyes. I'm not Defaz." He says in an annoyed tone rolling his eyes at me.

I look around the room scanning for my parents before I say this; "Well, no shit, you're not Defaz. I'm obviously saying this to be nice. Don't take my naivety for granted. You know, the whole royalty act."

Awkwardly looking at me as his eyebrows furrow at the sound of me cursing, before he says the following. "Right..Just follow me to the car."

"I am not about to follow some random man into his car. State your business before I proceed. My apologies for the cautionary, however, for all I know, you could be some serial killer. Might I add, I'd be a horrible person to kidnap or kill because I will haunt you!"

"Don't make me laugh, I'm here to assist you to his kingdom, dumbass."

Woah- is this guy even real...he said don't make me laugh with a straight face. If that doesn't scream red flags, I don't know what would.

"Right, right, I totally forgot about that", letting a nervous chuckle through my words.

"Idiot."

"Dumbass", I whispered, hoping he didn't hear me.

"You know the whole point of whispering is to ensure the other person doesn't hear you. You aren't doing a good job at it, love." At this point, please, someone kill me now.