genesis [5]

Ada's POV:

Genesis. A word or a feeling associated with the sights of new beginnings. Gazing once more out the window, preparing for a lifetime sentence, a white butterfly emerges, fluttering its wings, propelling an erratic pattern as it graceful flies in the clear blue sky onto a journey of uncertainty. Representing freedom before I surrender to Defaz. A beacon of hope deliberately eluding from my grasp.  A false perception was placed upon me from the sighting of the white butterfly. A sinister feeling transpires once Defaz castle is now visible, invoking curiosity. As the car approaches the estate, meticulously parked in front of it. The beauty of the castle is illustrated, precisely made for a King like Defaz.

Upon first glance, it was sculpted in a way that portrays his personality. Greedy, reckless, and lastly apathetic. How could something as intriguing as this signify the horror, known as Defaz? A castle stood at the top of the hill, isolated from the world overlooking the kingdom. Balsam fir trees encircle the outskirts, assembling a barrier from the light peeking in. The exterior walls, a gray concrete wall which consisted of obvious decay, were observable from a distance. As I look up, I began examining the windows. A black thick metal outlines the windows in such a way that it seems like it's sworn to secrecy. The clear skies were no longer apparent as the fog began to shield us. Pillar towers, 6 to be exact, one with a flag signifying Defaz's kingdom. Piercing into the fog-like sky, I knew at first glance the hell I'd endure.

As Santi signals me to follow him, I wander towards the castle until I'm met with a metal gate. Observing Santi as I watch him interact with others, most likely explaining my presence. He takes one final look, a pleading look at me before stating this; "Ada, just because we had one conversation.." pausing before he utters once more as if he's careful of what to say next before proceeding; "that doesn't mean we are friends". Before I can reply, he disappears into the castle, the shadows covering him like a cloak. I'm left outside of it, bewilder standing there.

Mustering up the courage before I enter the castle, a servant approaches immediately at the sight of my presence. "Miss Ahmed, I welcome you to King Defaz's kingdom and castle. I hope you had a smooth journey on your way here." Studying the individual who stood before me, I noticed signs of neglect. A malnourished appearance striking to the eyes. Her long brown hair stopped mid-back, locking at the roots followed by the rest of her hair strands. The attire of the servants was a disturbing sight to look at it. All that consisted of a revealing outfit, highlighting their curves leaving no room for imagination. A mannerism is one that indicated she was terrified of someone. Fingers trembling as she speaks, plucking at her palm, nervously averting eye contact with me.

"The journey was rather fine. I do wonder as to where King Defaz is?", enunciated in an irritated tone. Being greeted by a servant, and had Santi pick me up, yet, I had not seen Defaz. The same person who am I supposed to marry dares to not formally greet me. Talk about first impressions.

Fiddling with her fingers, she speaks up stating; "Unfortunately, Defaz has important business to attend to. He has instructed me to inform you to report to his corridor and enter your room. Once you have arrived, await further instructions. Please, do follow me." She begins walking towards a set of bifurcated stairs meeting at the center of the corridor, splitting into two ways. Observing the rather disturbing decor which consisted of portraits with gore elements. Warriors attached to a chair, attempting to escape, getting ready for execution to commence. The dark eerie castle overwhelms me as I continue following behind her. Following behind her, she comes to an unexpected halt, resulting in me bumping into her. Staring at a door that reeked, emitting an unpleasant feeling.

She snaps out of whatever daze she is in, profusely apologizing for coming into contact with me. "Oh! Miss Ahmed, I am so sorry for touching you. Royalty should not be touched by a commoner like me. I ask for a favour, please don't tell King Defaz. I can't go through that again."

"Go through what, again" retorting in a worried tone. "As for bumping into me, all is forgotten, accidents happen." Her expression changes from scared back to her previous expressions.

"Although, I never got your name. What is it?"

"I don't" hesitating before she continues. "I don't have one. Please refrain from questions as we are already here. It was a pleasure meeting you, Miss Ahmed."

"Call me Ada," I said, smiling at her to relieve the tension and provide comfort.

"Thank you for the gesture, unfortunately, I cannot do so." Hurriedly getting out of my vision before turning around to face the doors before my bedroom.

I take a big sigh before twisting the door knob. Before me, I see something unusual. Only one bed and a note left on it. Rushing towards the bed, I picked up the note which states;

"Ada, I hope your journey to my kingdom serves you well. As you know, we will be getting married soon and I hadn't had a chance to meet my newly beloved wife. Please do change and report downstairs for dinner. I look forward to seeing you."

- With much regards, Defaz.

-

As I approach the table at which dinner is being held, I see King Defaz sitting at the end of the table and what I assume where my seat is, right across from him, in his view. An uncomfortable glare is placed upon me by him. As opposed to Santi's glare, his makes me want to run as far away as I can. Walking towards the table, and taking a seat on the assigned chair, I glance around before I look the devil in his eyes. Once we make eye contact, a shiver is felt throughout my body.

I felt the presence of someone staring into my soul, licking their lips, a hoarse voice speaking up to say; "Hello, dear."

-

Authour Note: Cliff-hanger, please don't hate me!! What events will happen at the dinner table? Well, stay tuned for the next chapters that reveal so.

Make sure to vote & recommend; Your wish, my command to others!! <3