betrayal [3]

Ada POV:

As I rushed upstairs, clutching my neck, tears began running down my face. I thought to myself... Why would he do this to me? I truly thought I deserved everything in this world, but that was all a lie.

The only good thing a man will do to you is lie. I chuckle to myself, attempting to grasp the situation at hand. When in doubt, always smile and laugh!

A few hours go by as I'm sitting on my bed, getting ready for the last night I sleep at this castle. I hear a knock on my door as it's slowly opening.

"Ada", mother said.

"Yes, mother", I reply as my voice starts to tremble. Every time I see my parents, it's just a slap in the face. A reminder that I'm being sold to a lowlife. Instead of grieving, he immediately sought a new wife... Truly a disappointing power-hungry man. I can't act oblivious, I knew this the whole time but was still shocked when my father announced I would be his so-called "new wife". Pfft, what a sad man.

"You know, Ada...We are doing what's best for you. You're getting older... You understand you have responsibilities to uphold."

"I thought people married out of love, not just for the sake of making some sick old man happy." I scoffed.

Mother snapped her head towards me, looking at me with disgust in her eyes. "At this time, you should know that you don't marry for love. I'm in awe as to how surprised you are marrying King Defaz. After all, what did you expect to happen, huh!"

She continues on her rampage... "That you would continue to be our baby girl. Well, guess what Ada, wake up! This is your world, like it or not, you will accept your duty to Defaz." Stop living in this fairytale where you imagine everything to be perfect, grow up..."

"Your life is so sad. You've been conditioned and brainwashed to think this way. You know, for once in my life, I actually feel sorry for you, mother. Feel sorry that you always have and will always continue to be father's muppet." I let my anger get the best of me but who cares. If anything, she deserves more than what I have thrown at her. Just imagine justifying throwing your daughter in the ocean filled with sharks..that's how I feel as of now. I couldn't care less about the consequences I'm going to receive. I need this closure, something to keep me sane if I'm going to be "his pet."

"Found your voice a little too late, Ada. I heard Defaz isn't keen on those who speak in such a disgusting manner to their parental figure, a sinful smirk appears on her face.

"As always, love, I'll always look out for you." She shuts the door behind her in one swift motion, leaving me just in my thoughts.

"As always, love, I'll always look out for you". What a lie. Those words ricochet in my head as I try to fall asleep on my last day here. You liar! How could you do this to me! I couldn't hold it any longer. Everything that has been building up over the course of the few days was released. I start banging on my pillow, repeatedly repeating her last words. "I'll always look out for you." Liar! Liar! Liar! My vision starts to blur, everything around me spinning in slow motion. It goes black. No feelings whatsoever. Everything goes black.

Am I finally, free...

-

Suddenly, I hear someone yelling my name from afar and feel as my body rocks back and forth. I wake up to see the sight of my father. For what it feels like hours later. He looks down at me with such hostility in his eyes. His mouth is moving, but it's as if I cannot hear what is coming out of his mouth.

"Get ready, report downstairs immediately once done. Defaz is waiting."

Turns out, I was never free. The world must hate me.