you fall asleep on her

"Okay. That movie is over! Did you like it? Up for another?" Danielle rambled excitedly as the credits started to roll.

In the midst of her excitement about your movie night and possibly spending even more time with you, she hadn't really realized that you were sound asleep with your head on her lap.

It was only when she stared down at you that she saw you asleep. Her heart began to flutter at the sight, her stomach full of butterflies over the sweet sight.

She didn't want to wake you, not when you looked so precious, but she couldn't resist laying a few kisses on your head.

The sudden but soft brush of her lips on your skin woke you. Your eyes fluttered open and you stared into hers and you wished you could spend forever gazing into them.

You closed your eyes as she leaned in to plant a loving kiss on your lips. Her warm breath fanned against your lips as she took her time in pulling back.

"I didn't mean to wake you. I'm sorry."

"It's okay." You mumbled before yawning and stretching out your legs. "I'm sorry I fell asleep. I wanted to finish the movie but I got tired. What time is it?"

"Nearing ten o'clock." She replied as she scooted behind you and put her hands on your shoulders, only for you to move away and reach for your shoes.

"I should get going. It's getting late."

"No! Don't go." She whined as she reached for your hand. She dropped her head to your shoulder, pouting with sad eyes so she could try to guilt you into staying. "You should stay! It's late and it's dark out and..." she paused and intertwined your fingers together. "I want you to stay."

You couldn't say no. You didn't feel like driving home so late and you were quite tired. Besides, staying the night with your girlfriend sounded absolutely amazing. So you smiled and squeezed her hand in response.

"I'd be happy to. But you have to cuddle me tonight."

She pulled you into her arms and fell onto the sofa, causing you to fall onto her. You laughed as she pushed your head onto her chest, laying little kisses on the top of your head.

Her legs intertwined with yours and she brought the blanket that she kept over the back of the sofa over you, to keep you nice and warm.

"As if I wouldn't give you all the cuddles and kisses in the world? You deserve it so much." She spoke enthusiastically before she began to pepper kisses across your head and relished in the giggles that fell from your lips in response. "You know I love you so much?"

"I know. I love you too."

You lifted your head and stole a kiss from her lips before laying it back down over her heart, listening to each and every beat.

"Wanna watch a movie until you fall asleep?"

"Yeah. Turn on anything you want, baby. I'm happy with anything."

She nodded and turned a random one on before dropping the remote on the table. Her hand fell to your back, brushing along your skin in circles from your ower back and up to your house, even brushing her fingers through your hair.

There was a comfortable silence in the air. You felt more content than you have in a long while. With her heartbeat in your ear and the touch of her hand. It didn't take long for you to drift off to sleep, once again feeling secure in the comfort of Danielle's embrace.

"You're quiet. Enjoying the movie?" She teased and stared down at you, only to find you sound asleep once again.

She just smiled to herself before turning the volume down and reaching back to turn off the lamp that illuminated the room.

"I love you so much, baby girl. Sleep tight."

She laid her head on yours before closing her eyes and drifting off to sleep with you in her arms, feeling just as content and happy as you.