she won't let go when you hug her

Her slumped shoulders and the frown on her face told you that she was feeling down as soon as she walked inside. She slid her shoes off, staring down at her sock-covered feet, only looking up when she heard your voice.

"Danielle?"

She lifted her head and though you noticed the sadness in her eyes, you also saw them light up for a split second when she saw your face.

She stood frozen, silent as she bit on the inside of her cheek and tried to forget about the day she'd had.

"Come here."

She didn't hesitate to walk right over to you and right into your open arms. They wrapped around her and she let her cheek fall to your shoulder, instantly feeling relieved when she felt the steady beat of your heart and her fingertips along her back.

"Are you okay? You looked awfully sad when you came in."

She lifted her head to gaze into your eyes. She let her hands fall to your cheeks and she brushed her fingertips softly along your skin.

"I was. But you're holding me close now and I feel better already."

You leaned down to peck her lips softly, pulling away only a second later and then laying your forehead on hers. You tried to pull away from her; planning on taking her by her hand and offering to cook her a good meal or shower her with love.

But she shook her head and let her forehead fall against your shoulder. Humming contentedly, she tightened her arms around you and grinned when she heard you laugh.

"You're so sweet, baby." She whispered. "Always there for me when I need you. You always know how to make me feel better. Even on my worst days, they're never really all that bad because I know I have you. I love you lots. I don't even know what I'd ever do without you."

You stopped laughing and trying to pull out of her grip when you heard those words.

You melted into her embrace and put your head on hers. Closing your eyes, you breathed in the smell of her shampoo that lingered in her hair.

"You don't ever have to worry about that; because I'm always here for you. I won't ever leave your side. You're only human, you'll have bad days. But that's what I'm here for! To make them all better and to give you all the love and happiness in the world; like you deserve."

Her smile was huge, eyes brighter than you've ever seen before as she looked up at you again. Her lips touched yours and she quickly got lost in your kiss. The taste of your lips and how warm and soft they felt against hers made her melt right into you.

"Love you so much." She whispered, smiling into the kiss when you repeated the words back to her and made everything that had happened earlier completely fade away as she focused on you and only you.