you're sick

Danielle couldn't deny the happiness she felt when she saw that it was only early afternoon and you were walking through the front door. Thinking you'd gotten off early, she was all smiles. But when she looked at you to see you looking utterly miserable, she realized that wasn't the case and her happiness faded.

She turned off the tv and walked to you. You weakly shrugged your jacket off, wincing every time you had to move your aching muscles. You turned back to find Danielle in front of you and though you hated the thought of worrying her, you couldn't even try to hide just how miserable you felt.

She placed her hand on your forehead and a look of worry appeared in her eyes as soon as she felt your hot skin against her fingertips.

"You're burning up. We need to get you to bed."

You just nodded and let her wrap her arm around you and lead you up the stairs to your shared bedroom. You sat at the foot of the bed and she was quick to help you take off your shoes and change into your sleepwear.

"Wanna tell me what's wrong? I know you're not feeling well, that's easy to see. But what kind of unwell are you feeling? Do you have a headache or a stomach ache or,"

You whimpered and held your stomach. You squeezed your eyes shut and tried to swallow back the sick feeling rising in your throat.

"That kind of sick, huh?" She cooed, rubbing your shoulder comfortingly. "You poor thing. Do you need me to get you anything?"

You shook your head and tried to stay still and keep your eyes closed, hoping that the sick feeling would simply pass over. But Danielle knew one of the ways to fight off bugs like these is to get a good rest and she was trying to ease you on your back, hoping if your head hit the pillow you'd fall right asleep.

But her hand moved to your stomach, her fingers just accidentally brushing against it. But it was enough to make it impossible to fight any longer and you were pulling away from her usually comforting touch to rush into the bathroom to empty your stomach.

She crinkled her nose when she heard you. She didn't hesitate to follow you in there though and kneel behind you. She held your hair back, trying to reassure you by whispering words of comfort in your ear, and run her hand along your back in soothing circles.

"It's alright. You're gonna be okay, y/n." She soothed, and she didn't stop till you finished throwing up a few minutes later. "You okay?"

You nodded slowly, wiping your mouth with the back of your hand.

"Think you can brush your teeth and go to bed?"

You nodded and helped stand up with her help. You brushed your teeth faster than ever before and rinsed your mouth out to get rid of the gross taste that lingered. You leaned back against her and closed your eyes, letting yourself melt into her touch on the small of your back.

You squeezed your eyes shut. Though you didn't exactly feel like you were gonna be sick again, you still felt miserable. You just wanted to crawl into the comfort of your bed and never come back out.

"Let's get you to bed. Maybe some sleep will help you feel better."

You walked back into the bedroom with her hand on your hip. You took it slow, leaning against her when you needed to until you finally reached the bed.

"I'm gonna go grab you some water. Need anything else?'

You shook your head and watched her walk out of the bedroom with heavy eyes. You let them close and only opened them again a few minutes later when you felt a cool cloth being placed against your forehead.

"There you go, my love. Should make you feel a tiny bit better."

You nodded slowly, watching closely as she moved the empty trash can by your side of the bed closer to you, just in case. She laid a sheet over your body and said, "This should help keep you perfectly warm. Not too hot, not too cold."

She tucked you in and then climbed in beside you. She placed her hand on your side, barely brushing her fingers along your skin.

"Do you feel okay? Or do you think you'll be sick again?"

"I'm okay for now." You mumbled tiredly, turning your cheek to stare at her with tired eyes and a small smile. "Thanks for taking care of me."

"I'll always take care of you. Now go to sleep. I know you want to." She smiled a little then kissed your neck delicately. "I'll be right here if you need me. Goodnight, y/n. Sleep well."