she wakes you with kisses

The feeling of soft lips brushing against your cheek made you stir from your peaceful slumber. They trailed to your ear, where you heard Danielle softly whisper your name to try to wake you.

"Y/n,"

You only whined and tried to push her away as her lips trailed back to your cheek, then over to the corners of your lips.

"Wake up."

You tried to brush it off and drift back off to sleep, but you couldn't help but smile when she caressed your sides lovingly and continued to kiss your face.

"What time is it?" You mumbled and rubbed the sleep from your eyes with a yawn as she kissed your collarbones sweetly.

"Only after eight am."

You opened your eyes a second before that, only to close them with a groan when those words fell from her lips and the golden rays of the sun hit your eyes.

"But don't worry. I'm not gonna make you stay awake. It's your day off and you deserve some good rest to recharge. But I have to go and I wanted to give you a kiss before I do."

You whined and wrapped your arms around her to pull her closer. You didn't want to let her go, especially since she was so warm and cuddly. It's your day off and you want to spend it with her.

"Don't go."

"I wish I didn't have to." She said as she kissed your temple. "But I don't have much of a choice."

You opened your eyes to stare into her pretty ones. She was smiling at you; so brightly and so sweetly that your heart skipped a beat and, despite how sleepy you felt, you still smiled back at her.

"I love you." She spoke softly as she gave you a kiss on your lips, slowly reaching to intertwine your fingers with hers. "I won't be home too late. You catch up on sleep and we'll spend some time together when I get home. Okay, angel?"

You shrugged your shoulders, pouting as you tightened your arms around her in an attempt to keep her in your warm embrace for the day.

But she was quick to kiss your pout away and move her hand from yours and over to your cheek, where she lovingly caressed your skin.

"I love you." She mumbled and pecked your lips repeatedly until you were giggling happily.

"Love you too. Have a good day."

"You too, baby." She said before getting up to grab her shoes and slip them on. Since she was already dressed and her teeth were brushed, she was ready to head out the door right after. But she found herself turning around when she made it into the hallway, quickly rushing back to give you another kiss.

She moved her lips against yours for a few sweet seconds before she pulled away.

"See you later."

"Bye," you mumbled and held her hand until you had no choice but to drop it when she was too far away across the room. She blew you a kiss, promising you that she wouldn't be long and you waited until you heard the front door close before you put your head back down on your pillow and drifted back off to sleep, hoping to see her in your dreams.