Control Issues

Tera's p.o.v
"Guys we only have one more artifact to go we can do this!" Joey encouraged. "Yeah well one of us has to die!" "It should probably be you, you've died before, you know what it's like" Nikita smirked at me cutting Mat off.

"Why should it be me!" I ask genuinely shocked, Mat backing me up. "We brought you back because we needed you-" "A-and you don't need me now!" "No no don't worry your not expandable" Joey let out as I glared at the two of them. 

"Listen, listen, listen, listen, I've been in three times and I swear if I go in a fourth someone's after me" Manny defended waving his finger in the air.

"I honestly think that's just how the cards fell but you know what, you can think your more important than the rest of us" I shot back 

"Say what you will Manny but I think we all deserve to be here, but we are kind of a hot mess, you've died before, I and Manny have lost a few challenges, Your still dead" He pointed at Joey earning a chuckle from me. "Nikita though you've kicked ass like well done across the board" "Thank you," She said playing with her hair.

Leaving this conversation behind we decided to go look at the map. We took it off the wall and laid it out on the table "Strange you would ever forget the night" I read aloud the message on the center, immediately noticing weird symbols all sprinkled throughout the map, soon to be hit with the realization that it was indicating the artifacts.

 "Oh look there's a church" Joey pointed out "Twelve, three, six, nine then it all starts again" He read "Those are all-" "Sounds like they're all parts of a clock right?" I asked cutting Mathew off as he nodded "Oh! Look! The clock!" He cried running up to the clock on the wall that had some weird pieces attached to it.

We pulled the pieces of the clock and find a combination of symbols that we were seeing on the map as well as the letters. We matched up the symbols from the paper to the map, changing what the center message read. "Arrange your seven to get the eighth" Is what the message read

We realize that we have to rearrange the artifacts in the correct order that the map is showing and we did just that. As soon as we set the last artifact in place, the table opened revealing a secret compartment with what seemed to be our next artifact.

"What the heck there was an artifact in here this whole time" Joey chimed "I mean like three out of the seven artifacts were hidden in secret compartments around the lounge" I pointed out as Joey reached out for the artifact along with the note.

"Is this a choker?" Nikita asked taking the artifact in her hands. "The collar of control must be worn by one of you to begin the cleansing process. Choose wisely as the collar cannot be removed without help. You have to attach the four metal rings to fully purify the collar" Joey read out loud. That thing looked soo freakin creepy like it looked like it was made of skin, there were eyeballs and teeth all over it, it was disgusting. 

"I would like to say that I feel like, Nikita you have maybe some more experience with this type of stuff-" "Sure let's do it! What do I do? I just put it on?" Nikita agreed almost instantly cutting off Joey.

"Are we sure we don't wanna put it on, Manny?" Mat pointed still probably salty at the idea that Manny wanted to sacrifice me as I flashed him a smile, reassuring him that it was ok.

"Is it on too tight?" I asked as me and Joey tightened the choker around Nikita. "You know what it actually looks good on you" Manny complimented. "Are you feeling any different?" Joey asked concerned "Well it kinda makes me a little light headed-WHAA!" Nikita was interrupted by a sudden noise as the five of us grabbed each other and ran to the corner of the room.