Game over (part 2)

Tera's p.o.v
Everything was a blur, I heard noises but I couldn't process what they were. I slowly fluttered my eyes open, a beam of light hit me forcing my eyes to close again. They finally adjusted to the lights but it was all still blurry. I finally came to my senses. I felt a sharp pain shoot through my head. Every inch of my body was aching. I tried to move but I couldn't, a belt around my stomach was holding me up to the wall. My hands and legs were free but I couldn't move an inch.

I sharply turned to see where Mat and Nikita were causing more pain to flow through my head. Nikita was next to me tied up the same way with the belt but there was this robotic contraption that was holding one of her hands up with a knife pointing at her chest. She was still passed out. We were both behind a tall fence leading from the roof to the floor with a fenced door that was locked and on the other side, Mathew was passed out in a chair. I knew exactly what was going on "She is planning to kill Nikita the same way Yuri died in the game, by stabbing herself! The robotic contraption is probably controlled by Monika and is going to repeatedly move her arms causing the knife to stab into her" but that's when reality hit me "If Nikita is supposed to die like Yuri then-".

I swiftly grabbed my neck with my hands. I was right there was a noose around it. I looked down and saw a drop panel that is triggered by weight. That meant that I couldn't move my legs at all. If I did the panel will drop causing the noose to tighten around me, suffocating me till I die.

I turned back to Nikita. "Nikita, Nikita wake up" I whispered. She slowly opened her eyes, squinting at the light. "Wha- what happened" she whispered in a tired voice. "WHAT THE HELL!" she yelled looking at the contraption holding up the knife in her hands.

"Monika, she knocked is out and strapped us in here. She's planning to kill us see" I pointed at the noose around my neck. "Where is Mat?" "He's over their" I pointed at the fence. "Let's try and wake him up. Mat, Mathew wake up!" "Mat!" Nikita yelled with me and he was finally awake. "Uh! Wh- why are yo- what happened! Why is there a knife in her hand and noose around you and why are you behind a closed fence!"

"Monika" I answered and everyone was quiet. "There's a door but it's locked" Mat inched towards the door "No wait! It could be electrocuted for all I know" I yelled and I heard a familiar voice call from behind

"Oh, I see your awake" Monika mumbled sweetly "I'm really sorry for hitting you my dear but there was no other way I could strap them up if you were awake. You wouldn't let that happen now would you" she hissed looking at Mat "I know this night was hard enough for you but you have to make one final decision my love. You have the power to choose which one of them dies and which one lives." There were physical copies of two files presumably mine and Nikita's on the table and a lighter to burn the file of the person that should die

My eyes grew wider. Mat is definitely gonna pick me. No, no this is not happening I am not leaving this challenge with Nikita dead no way

"I'm sorry to put you through this but it has to be done. They have hurt me enough already" Monika's voice got raspier "But at least lucky for you one of them is your favorite right" "OH COMMON IM GONNA DIE ARNT I" Nikita cried out. Mat didn't say a word, he just stood there looking at us. "Nikita don't worry we're not leaving here without you" I whispered to her but she didn't look like she bought that. "I'm gonna leave now and give you some time to decide. Choose wisely my love and remember ONE OF THEM WILL DIE" and with that Monika left

"You know what, choose now and end this already. We all know your gonna pick Tera" Nikita yelled angrily "Am I wrong to SHES MY BEST FRIEND AND SHE SAVED MY LIFE, you know what your right I AM gonna end it now!" Mat yelled and stepping towards Nikita's file "GUYS STOP THIS! we were told that there was a way to save everyone NOW WOULD YOU TWO STOP ACTING LIKE CHILDREN! THIS IS EXACTLY WHAT THEY WANT US TO DO! UHHH!" I sighed angrily.