Strong Like A Demon

Tera's p.o.v
Joey said that he was going to the bathroom so we're waiting for him but it's been a long time. We waited a bit more but we are running out of time since we only have till dawn to complete this mission. "Guys I don't think Joey is telling us everything about this" we all gathered around Collene, and Mat followed up "Every time we ask him about something, he is super sketchy about it" I could tell that Mathew was frustrated but I don't think that Joey is evil. I mean he was legitimately helping us and even if he wanted us to die what's the reason? We are running out of time and Joey is still not back "Ok It's time that we get some answers lets go get Joey" I blurted out of frustration. We stepped out to go find Joey, it was still cold but the green mist is gone and so was Teela ( Sorry not sorry 🙃).

We searched around some more and found Joey stand near this creepy-ass bridge staring off at some sort of church. He was acting really weird, he wasn't responding to his name, not turning around when we called him he looked like he was hypnotized. We got close enough to him and he finally noticed us. "That's where the darkness is coming from! that's where the carnival master is." He said with a calm yet concerned face. We asked him a bit more about what happened or if he knew anything about this town or how we could get out but he said he had no idea. Anyway we agreed to go back to the lounge to take a look at the map again but Calliope got that covered, she brought it over to us.

It was dark but we could make out another carnival tent and a police station. "Wait, hang on! this town has police all this time" Mat took the words right out of my head. There was some writing on it as well and Collene slowly started to read it "You think you're stronger than me kid? I'm stronger than ten men. I'm strong like a demon. Come to the show and prove your strength" just then this lady comes out from the tent saying "Step right up! step right up!" We were greeted by a carnie, she looks a lot old and she's spitting like at us.

She invites us in and tells us that we have to find out who the strongest person among us is and only they can open this 'strong man's chest'. We enter and find an arm wrestling table and a blackboard and we pretty much knew what to do. We all started pairing up and I paired up with Collene. Mat and Nikita were first and everyone was cheering for her but Mathew crushed her. I and Collene were next, I pretty much won. Joey and Saf were up next and Joey crushed her. Next was me and Mat "Well this is ironic" Collene called out from behind and I smiled as I stepped up. I was pretty positive I was gonna lose because I have arm-wrestled him before and he won, multiple times, he did this time too, and he made it to the finals! Manny and Joey, we're up, and let's just say that Manny crushed Joey like immediately and he was Mat's final opponent. They both went up and they were really competitive, Mat was not giving up. "I GOT YOU DOWN BITCH, I GOT YOU" Manny joked smiling "I'M NOT GOING DOWN UNTIL MY FIST TOUCHES THE DAMN PAD!" Jeez, Mat is really serious about it! But Manny won though. It's funny that we went through all this trouble to open a box. Manny opened the chest and there was a little pyramid-shaped thing and a note in his hand.

"The demon that lives inside this configuration has escaped and must be locked back inside to cleanse the artifact. The missing pieces must be restored to the cube to seal it."
This artifact looked like a triangle with a smaller pyramid inside it and we presumably had to find the three missing pieces.

"Hold on that's the artifact!" Joey asked breaking the silence and Manny nodded in agreement "That means that we just unleashed the strong man!" And low and behold there he is the strong man himself ready to kill us all! Waving this giant mutant arm around and starting to chase after us. I ran screaming on impulse and hid behind Mat still running around behind him. He grabbed a chair and started warding the lady off trying to protect me. "HEY PICK ON SOMEONE YOUR OWN SIZE" He yelled and that's when I realized that the strong man caught Safia. I grabbed Mat by the arm and all of us started running for the arcade when suddenly the woman caught me. "TERA!" Mat yelled when he saw that I was captured and came running. "NO MATHEW RUN! ILL BE FINE! GO!" And even though it took a little presuation, he listened.