Shutdown

You open your eyes slowly and feel the tightness in your throat from the earlier events. You look around expecting Sebastian to be at your side but you're disappointed when you see you're alone. You're wearing sating pajamas and fluffy socks. You get up and start to look around for him. You look around in the study but it's barren. You eventually find him in the kitchen. He is leaning against the countertop as he sharpens a blade in his hands. 

"You're awake," he says. His tone was blank and neutral, catching you slightly off guard. You assumed he was just being stubborn about his feelings and you walk over to him. You wrap your arms around him and burry your head in his chest. He doesn't hug back. In fact he just keeps sharpening that stupid blade. "What is the meaning of this?" His words hurt you. He chuckles. "Oh I assume you haven't found out yet," he says. You pull away and finally look into his eyes. They were empty, any hint of feeling gone, locked away. You back up away from him.

You were confused and scared. "Oh right I haven't told you. We Demons have a shutdown mode. We enter this state for many reasons. I assume mine was to save you, which was very foolish. I can't believe I've gotten myself tangled up with the likes of you. I mean you have value because you're a Neko so don't think I'm keeping you around for anything other than my own benefit."

His words cut you deep. You felt your body tense up and a pain come from deep within you. You just stared at the floor, biting your lip as hard as you could in hopes of not crying. You feel his forefinger lift up your chin. "Oh come on now don't cry my little pet. I won't sell you if you obey me," he mocks. He looked at your tears and grabbed your jaw harshly. "Listen pet I don't have you around to annoy me with your crying. Keep up your awful attitude and I will sell you to someone. You're a Neko so you would fetch a pretty penny," he scolds.

He jerks his hand away, making your head swing away violently. "Now I have some matters to attend to so keep yourself busy," he waves you off, leaving you speechless. You couldn't breathe. You felt your body freeze up. Your lungs stunned. You grabbed at your throat only to wince at touching the bruises. You walk towards the front door, your vision slowly becoming blurry. You stumble outside and fall to your knees. You gasp for air and cough at the sudden inhales. You catch your breath only to begin crying. You felt guilty. After all, he shutdown in order to save you. You felt helpless, lost. You cried for a while. No. You thought. He shutdown for me and I WILL get him back. You wipe off your face and stay outside to help relax. You slowed your breathing and made sure to calm down before going back inside.

Once you're inside a servant comes up to you. "Allow me to bring you to your new room," the man says. "New room?" "The master wished for you to sleep somewhere else," he explained. You nod and he shows you to a room on the floor below your old one. You walk back down into the kitchen and fix up devil's chocolate cake. It took far longer than you thought it would because you couldn't find anything very well. But two gruesome hours later you had a stunning chocolate cake. You slice one for yourself and one for Sebastian and place them on fine china and a silver tray. 

You walk up to his study, assuming that's where he meant when he said he had "matters to attend to" earlier." You knock. He didn't say anything so you kept knocking. "Come in!" he yelled. You smile and walk in. You place his plate next to him and then a fork. You walk over to your chair and sit down. He looked over at you confused. "What are you doing?" he asks annoyed. "I'm doing something kind for my lover." He rolls his eyes and takes a bite of the cake. "My moms' cake is better," he says. He continues reading and doesn't take another bite of the cake.

You felt hurt that he didn't think it was super amazing but you assumed it was good enough to compare to his mothers, and right now you would take anything. You continued to eat your cake ,because you thought it was amazing, and read another book on the bookshelf. After a while you felt yourself become tired but you were determined to keep your eyes awake.

Thankfully he stood up and began walking towards the bedroom you two shared. You stood up and followed him. He shut's the door, locking it before you could get in. You roll your eyes and knock, no answer. You were stubborn so you walked around until you found the servant. You get the key to the room from him and then head back to the bedroom. 

You unlock the door and walk in casually. He turns to look at you and stands. "Get out." You look up at him and say nothing. You just walk into the bathroom and start to take a shower. You are done when you hear him walk into the bathroom. He leans on the wall and stares at you through the glass. "If anything at least your body could be of use," he walks closer to you. You slap him. He looks a little stunned, not expecting this from you. "Wow so you're a whore except now?" You ignore him. You know he just wants a reaction so you start to brush your hair and put on lotion to take up time. 

He eventually get's bored and goes back to the bed. You take deep breaths and eventually change into a pair of Sebastian's pajamas but only put on the top since it reached your knees. You walk into the room and lay on the bed, facing him. He turns away and slowly the two of you fall asleep separated for the first time in a while.