𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝘁𝘄𝗲𝗻𝘁𝘆-𝘁𝘄𝗼.

( 𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝘁𝘄𝗲𝗻𝘁𝘆-𝘁𝘄𝗼 ) 彡❁ཻུ۪۪༉‧˚·
˖°✩·₊̣̇ 。゚𝐔𝐍𝐇𝐎𝐋𝐘 𝐖𝐀𝐑 ┊𝚓𝚘𝚑𝚗 𝚜𝚑𝚎𝚕𝚋𝚢.

          𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐉𝐀𝐑𝐑𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐋𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓 𝐎𝐅 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐅𝐋𝐀𝐒𝐇𝐁𝐔𝐋𝐁 𝐃𝐈𝐃 𝐧𝐨𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐭𝐨 𝐜𝐚𝐥𝐦 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐧𝐞𝐫𝐯𝐞𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐫𝐚𝐦𝐩𝐚𝐠𝐞𝐝 𝐢𝐧 𝐒𝐚𝐛𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐚'𝐬 𝐬𝐭𝐨𝐦𝐚𝐜𝐡

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐉𝐀𝐑𝐑𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐋𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓 𝐎𝐅 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐅𝐋𝐀𝐒𝐇𝐁𝐔𝐋𝐁 𝐃𝐈𝐃 𝐧𝐨𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐭𝐨 𝐜𝐚𝐥𝐦 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐧𝐞𝐫𝐯𝐞𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐫𝐚𝐦𝐩𝐚𝐠𝐞𝐝 𝐢𝐧 𝐒𝐚𝐛𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐚'𝐬 𝐬𝐭𝐨𝐦𝐚𝐜𝐡. 𝐃𝐞𝐬𝐩𝐢𝐭𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐣𝐨𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐬 𝐨𝐜𝐜𝐚𝐬𝐢𝐨𝐧, 𝐒𝐚𝐛𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐚 𝐡𝐞𝐥𝐝 𝐚 𝐝𝐚𝐧𝐠𝐞𝐫𝐨𝐮𝐬 𝐟𝐞𝐞𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐢𝐧 𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐩𝐢𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐮𝐫𝐠𝐞𝐝 𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐨 𝐛𝐞 𝐰𝐚𝐫𝐲. 𝐒𝐡𝐞 𝐫𝐞𝐟𝐮𝐬𝐞𝐝 𝐭𝐨 𝐝𝐢𝐬𝐜𝐥𝐨𝐬𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐬𝐞 𝐧𝐞𝐫𝐯𝐞𝐬 𝐭𝐨 𝐚𝐧𝐲 𝐨𝐟 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐟𝐚𝐦𝐢𝐥𝐲, 𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐰𝐚𝐧𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐭𝐨 𝐬𝐩𝐨𝐢𝐥 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐨𝐩𝐞𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐨𝐟 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐆𝐫𝐚𝐜𝐞 𝐒𝐡𝐞𝐥𝐛𝐲 𝐈𝐧𝐬𝐭𝐢𝐭𝐮𝐭𝐞 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐎𝐫𝐩𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐞𝐝 𝐂𝐡𝐢𝐥𝐝𝐫𝐞𝐧 𝐨𝐟 𝐰𝐡𝐢𝐜𝐡 𝐓𝐨𝐦 𝐡𝐚𝐝 𝐰𝐨𝐫𝐤𝐞𝐝 𝐬𝐨 𝐡𝐚𝐫𝐝 𝐭𝐨 𝐚𝐜𝐡𝐢𝐞𝐯𝐞. 𝐉𝐨𝐡𝐧 𝐠𝐫𝐚𝐛𝐛𝐞𝐝 𝐒𝐚𝐛𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐚'𝐬 𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐥𝐞𝐝 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐚𝐟𝐟𝐥𝐢𝐜𝐭𝐞𝐝 𝐰𝐨𝐦𝐚𝐧 𝐢𝐧𝐭𝐨 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐨𝐫𝐩𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐚𝐠𝐞, 𝐬𝐡𝐞 𝐤𝐞𝐩𝐭 𝐚 𝐰𝐚𝐭𝐜𝐡𝐟𝐮𝐥 𝐞𝐲𝐞 𝐨𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐜𝐡𝐢𝐥𝐝𝐫𝐞𝐧 𝐚𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐲 𝐭𝐨𝐨𝐤 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐢𝐫 𝐬𝐞𝐚𝐭𝐬.

          John and Sabrina took a seat ahead her siblings. Cyrus quickly took off his hat and gave his sister a kiss on the cheek before finding his spot. Seraphina shuffled a few steps behind him and sent her sister a smile, mouthing some sort of compliment Sabrina could not decipher, but she thanked her with a grin. With her head turned to the back of the room, Sabrina spotted Dottie who wore a pale yellow cloche hat and a content smile despite her distance from the action. According to Ada, Dot had taken a shin to philanthropy albeit her recent lack of funds. Sabrina sent her friend a small wave, making a mental note to chat with her after the reception.

Once all the guests were seated and silent, Polly commanded the room with her commencement speech and credited Thomas for his work. He stood in the middle of the makeshift pews with Charles on his hip, Arthur yelled out for a speech as he often did. Tom handed Charles off to Ada as the room continued to rumble with claps. Tom began his speech which was starkly kind, "These children are now safe. In our care, they will be safe. Because we are from the same cold streets as they are...they will grow up here at home. Loved in Birmingham because this is our city." Sabrina's heart fluttered at the thought, in her hormonal state she felt tears brim at her eyes as she imagine the better futures the children would have, John noticed this and cupped her hand.