𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝘁𝘄𝗲𝗻𝘁𝘆-𝘀𝗶𝘅.

( 𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝘁𝘄𝗲𝗻𝘁𝘆-𝘀𝗶𝘅 ) 彡❁ཻུ۪۪༉‧˚·

˖°✩·₊̣̇ 。゚𝐔𝐍𝐇𝐎𝐋𝐘 𝐖𝐀𝐑 ┊𝚓𝚘𝚑𝚗 𝚜𝚑𝚎𝚕𝚋𝚢

     𝐉𝐎𝐇𝐍 𝐃𝐈𝐃 𝐍𝐎𝐓 𝐊𝐍𝐎𝐖 𝐈𝐅 𝐇𝐄 𝐂𝐎𝐔𝐋𝐃 𝐚𝐜𝐭𝐮𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐲 𝐛𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐞𝐲𝐞𝐬 𝐭𝐨 𝐥𝐨𝐨𝐤 𝐚𝐭 𝐒𝐚𝐛𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐚. 𝐖𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐢𝐟 𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐟𝐚𝐜𝐞 𝐛𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐞𝐝 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐛𝐫𝐮𝐭𝐚𝐥𝐢𝐭𝐲 𝐨𝐟 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐠𝐮𝐚𝐫𝐝𝐬? 𝐖𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐢𝐟 𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐬𝐭𝐨𝐦𝐚𝐜𝐡 𝐰𝐚𝐬 𝐧𝐨 𝐥𝐨𝐧𝐠𝐞𝐫 𝐬𝐰𝐨𝐥𝐥𝐞𝐧, 𝐛𝐥𝐞𝐬𝐬𝐞𝐝 𝐛𝐲 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐢𝐫 𝐛𝐮𝐝𝐝𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐛𝐚𝐛𝐲? 𝐖𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐢𝐟 𝐬𝐡𝐞 𝐥𝐨𝐬𝐭 𝐡𝐨𝐩𝐞 𝐢𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐢𝐫 𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫, 𝐢𝐧 𝐡𝐢𝐦? 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐠𝐮𝐚𝐫𝐝𝐬 𝐡𝐚𝐝 𝐭𝐚𝐮𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐝 𝐡𝐢𝐦 𝐚𝐛𝐨𝐮𝐭 𝐬𝐮𝐜𝐡, 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐲 𝐭𝐨𝐥𝐝 𝐡𝐢𝐦 𝐨𝐟 𝐇𝐞𝐧𝐫𝐲'𝐬 𝐯𝐢𝐬𝐢𝐭. 𝐅𝐨𝐫 𝐚 𝐦𝐨𝐦𝐞𝐧𝐭 𝐉𝐨𝐡𝐧𝐚𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐧 𝐛𝐞𝐥𝐢𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐝 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐢𝐫 𝐥𝐢𝐞𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐒𝐚𝐛𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐚 𝐚𝐠𝐫𝐞𝐞𝐝 𝐭𝐨 𝐬𝐨𝐦𝐞 𝐝𝐞𝐚𝐥 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐬𝐚𝐢𝐥𝐞𝐝 𝐛𝐚𝐜𝐤 𝐭𝐨 𝐀𝐦𝐞𝐫𝐢𝐜𝐚. 𝐁𝐮𝐭 𝐬𝐡𝐞 𝐰𝐚𝐬 𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞, 𝐡𝐞 𝐜𝐨𝐮𝐥𝐝 𝐟𝐞𝐞𝐥 𝐡𝐞𝐫.

His hallow blue eyes lifted up away from the cement floor and then he saw her. Her frame was thinning and frail, the weight she had left resided primarily in her abdomen. The round of her belly showed the only substantial meat on her bones. Still, their baby was safe. John released a sweet breath of relief, instinctively a slight grin graced his lips when Sabrina returned his gaze. Every atom in his body screamed at him to run to her, to shatter the shackles that kept them apart, to grab her in his arms and refuse to let go.

His darling wife stood so severely restrained despite her fragility. The guards had bound her hands and feet with metal shackles, two grown men stood with a grip on both sides of her, clinging to her body as if she would float away like a piece of paper.

          Sabrina's lips — cracked and pale — opened, John squinted to make out the words she mouthed. In the end, all he could make out was I love you. As much as he tried to resist it, John felt salted tears prick at his eyes, threatening to destroy his facade and the last shred of his soul. "Sabbie," his voice was so hoarse, but he didn't mind the harshness in his throat as he shouted her beautiful name. Nor did he mind the blow from the guard's stick that came at his back as he continued. The words came out softer this time, "I love you."