Part 6

Link swallowed, "I'm Link, I'm part of the royal guard, and I came to speak with Princess Mipha." Was security normally this tight?

"And why should we let you in to see the Princess?" the female guard challenged.

Link thought for a moment before answering. "That is a personal matter that I need to discuss with her."

"And why should we trust you?" Questioned the male guard.

Link frowned. "My father is Lian, he's part of the royal guard."

The male guard nodded. "I think I have met him." He let out a sigh. "Alright, you are allowed in to see Princess Mipha." Both guards stepped to the side to let Link enter.

Link gave a quick bow before walking past them and down the long bridge. How long had it been since the last time he had come here? He had faint memories of crossing this bridge with his father but no other memories of the place. When he finally got to the other side of the bridge another guard met him. "How can I help you?" He asked.

"Could you take me to Princess Mipha?"

The guard nodded and then led Link up a long curved staircase. Once they reached the top he led Link to another, larger, staircase and at the foot of the stairs was Mipha crouching next to a smaller Zora. She held a long, beautiful, silver trident. She was speaking to the young zora in a quiet soothing voice and Link couldn't help but notice how calming her voice was. The guard cleared his throat. "Princess Mipha." Mipha stood up and turned away from the young zora to look at the guard then Link. "I present Link, a member of the King of Hyrule's royal guards. He has requested to speak with you."

Mipha's eyes lit up and she gave the guard a small smile. "Thank you." The guard gave a sharp nod then turned around and walked away. Mipha took a step towards Link. "Link, it's good to see you again. It's been far too long." She looked Link up and down. "You grew up. Last time I saw you you were just a young boy. What has brought you back? Is something wrong? Has something happened?"

Link felt his mouth grow dry. Mipha was so beautiful and her voice was so soothing, he suddenly felt awkward. After a long minute he finally found his voice. "I just came to see how everything was."

Mipha's smile faded slightly. "I wish I could say that everything has been going well but unfortunately I cannot. Just in the past two weeks we have been attacked by several mobs of monsters. Do you know why that might be happening?"

Link frowned before looking at the young Zora. "I might have a few ideas but um... maybe we should discuss that elsewhere."

Mipha's eyes widened in surprise, then she looked down at the Zora and she giggled. "How rude of me. Link, this is my little brother Sidon."

Sidon looked at Link for a few moments before flashing a huge smile, a smile that reminded Link too much of Liliana. Link took in Sidon's appearance, he was the same shade of red as Mipha but he was half her size. The tail on the back of his head dragged along the floor and his round cheeks were rosy. In his eyes shone confidence and determination. Link then turned his attention back to Mipha who was looking down at her brother. "We don't need to worry about being quiet about danger around him, he doesn't get frightened easily. In fact, I don't think anything scares him. Isn't that right?"

Sidon looked up at her and flashed a huge smile causing Mipha to giggle again. To Link, her laugh was so soft and kind. He mentally shook his head, what had gotten into him? Mipha looked back up towards Link. "So what do you think the reason behind these attacks are and why they are growing so frequent?"

"We fear that we might be on the verge of entering a new dark Era." Link tried to keep things as vague as he could because he didn't want to worry Mipha nor did he want to scare Sidon.

Mipha's smile dropped and her eyes widened. "What do you mean?"

"We... we aren't exactly sure yet."

Mipha frowned. "I understand." She then paused for a moment to think before changing the subject. "You must be exhausted from your journey. And..." she suddenly paused when she saw the sword on Link's back. "Is-is that the sword that is said to seal the darkness?"

Link's eyes widened in shock as he quickly searched for what to say. He eventually decided that the truth would be best. He nodded and Mipha smiled. "That's wonderful, I'm so proud of you." Link had heard those words from his father but coming from Mipha they felt different.

"Thanks, but I'm not sure it's anything to be proud of."

Mipha smiled. "Sure it is. But anyway, you must be tired. I can find you a place to stay for tonight and you can return to Hyrule Castle tomorrow, fully rested." Link opened his mouth to tell her it was okay when she straightened up. "I know you are about to say that it won't be necessary but I insist. We can even find your horse some better shelter."

Link sighed. "I guess that would be nice, thank you."

Mipha smiled. "Of course."

...

Soon Link found himself sitting sitting on the edge of a water bed looking out at the setting sun. He hoped his father wasn't too worried about him. He felt bad having brushed him off then leaving. He wished he could speak to his father now. Maybe he could tell him about the dream he had had and his father could provide some insight. Link was lost in thought for quite some time because when he came out of his thoughts he noticed the sun was completely gone and Zora's domain had gone quiet. Deciding it would be best to get some sleep Link climbed into bed and closed his eyes.