26. best boy

as jisoo rounded a corner, she bumped—or crashed, rather—into a hard surface. she made a small yelping noise and backed away, realizing that this was a person.

"i'm so sorry!" she apologized.

the man in front of her's cheeks reddened at the sight of her face.

"hey, i know you! you're jungkook's friend, right?" she realized it would be unnecessary to refer to him as her one night stand from the other night.

and then, confusion flashes across his face. "what are you doing out so late?"

jisoo shrugged. "i wanted some ice cream, so..." she gestured outside. he visibly frowns. "you're going alone? isn't that unsafe?" he pressed, putting a good distance between them.

"it's no big deal. what are you doing out?" she wondered, wanting to get the topic off of her. taehyung doesn't miss a beat and ignores her question.

"look, you probably shouldn't be out this late in a foreign country." he insisted. "i mean—safety! safety!" he said in english, cutely. this made jisoo chuckle.

"why do you care so much?" jisoo firmly asked.

a second of silence passed between the two. jisoo lifted her eyes to get a good look at the boy. he had a sincere look in his eye and the moonlight coming from the window perfectly bounced off his hair and shadowed his face. he was handsome, no doubt about it. that's probably why i slept with him in the first place.

taehyung stormed his brain for a response but her perfect face just kept distracting him. her heart shaped lips were to die for. in the end, he looked away from her and stared at part of his shoe, not wanting to look completely stupid as he said: "let me go with you."

it was jisoo's turn to flush cherry red. she felt like a teenager. she cleared her throat. "and why would you do that?"

he shrugged, looking incredibly shy. "y'know, for safety." he held his hands behind his back, like he was a schoolboy waiting for instruction. "and besides, i have nothing else to do, so." he added, not wanting to look like a total creep.

after seconds of assessment, jisoo rolled her eyes, deciding that this wasn't time for critical thinking and that she should just do whatever her intuition told her. she hooked onto his arm and dragged him with her.

"let's go!"