44. you are now watching my tv

jimin groaned. loudly.

"we've been here for an hour and i haven't even gotten through half of my fucking thing!" he whined, slumping back on the bed and putting his hands over his eyes.

"shut the fuck up. unlike you, i happen to be a fast reader." the woman boasts.

feeling suddenly cold, jimin slides up next to chaeyoung to peer over the progress she made on her laptop. sure enough, she had gotten through more than half of her document. "so, where are the three other stooges?"

chaeyoung flicks his forehead at the insinuation. "ah!" he flinches. "don't call us that," she demanded. "and they're off looking at dresses for the dance."

he quirks at this. "are you going to the dance?"

she shrugs cutely, still looking at the jumble of korean writing on her screen. "i don't know. i'll probably go for pictures but nothing else." she blushed. "after all, i can't dance."

jimin's jaw slackened in shock. "and there it is." he hops out of bed and offers her his hand. she stares at it incredulously, as if to say 'what the hell?'.

"well, come on." he suggested. rosie raises her eyebrows in question, genuinely confused. "i'm gonna teach you how to dance. i actually happen to good at the waltz." he wiggled his eyebrows cutely. the girl giggled at his actions. "seriously?"

"yeah, come on! you need a break." tired of holding his hand out, he grabbed her hand, pulling her to her feet, leaving only a frw centimeters between them.

"you put your hand here," he put her hand up against his shoulder. "and this one just here." he held her hand, the way you're supposed to during a waltz.

"just relax, okay." he directed, feeling her tense up under his fingertips. she rolled her eyes. "please, i've seen high school musical before."

he makes a sour face. "i'm sorry but i have no idea what you're talking about." not wanting to explain she just keeps her eyes on him. "it's an american movie dumbass, just dance."

"okay, jesus!" he yelped, feeling hot under his button up. "just let me lead, 'kay. so i'll kinda just guide you through it."

he took a step backwards, she followed forward. he took a step to the right, she took one to the left. "yes, just like that! you got it." he cheered.

"just move with the music, if that makes sense." before she could retort, he added, "i know there's no music, but at the dance there will be so,"

she giggled, and due to their closeness he could actually feel her breath. and finally focusing on just her, for once, jimin saw the glaxies in her eyes, the violent pink in her lips, and the fullness of her cheeks.

"cute." he muttered. chaeyoung's eyebrows upturned. "what did you say?"

realization settled into jimin and he cleared his throat, feeling embarrassed. "i said, it's time for the dip!"

and then, without hesitation, he grabbed the small of her back and lowered her down, the way they do whenever a waltz is in place. chaeyoung blushed a deep pink, looking away.

"hey," he whispered, "keep your eyes on me."

jimin wanted to take a photograph of them in that moment, wanting to imprint in on his mind because he was sure that he had never seen anything more beautiful at that split second that they stared at each other.

but then, as these things go, they're moment was interrupted by the door handle's jiggle, causing them both to look up. they were frozen, like deer in the headlights.

when the door opened to reveal jennie, along with lisa and jisoo behind her, jimin's grip on chaeyoung's waist loosened and then a loud thud!

"hey, rosie what did you want for di-" jennie stopped speaking at the sight.

jimin stood over rosie's crippled form on the floor, rubbing the shoulder that she fell on. "ouch!" she yelped, wincing. the slender boy could only stare.

"what's going on here!?"