SPECIALISTS AND AIR FAIRIES

Chapter Two: Specialists and Air Fairies
"I also haven't tried open heart surgery, yet I know I'm not exactly cut out for it."

"IM AELLA," she greeted, her eyes glued to Riven's former spot

The girl smiled at her, her eyes anxious but hopeful, "Terra. Your a mind fairy, right? What's your connection, memories?"

"Telekinesis. I'm an empath too, but only when I touch someone."

Terra nodded, and both the girls turned to the first year specialist, who held his mouth, "Dane. Is it bad to throw up after the first drink?"

Terra turned to Aella, her eyes wide. She grabbed Dane, pulling him to the sidelines and letting him empty himself of the beer.

Aella waited, not ready to see anymore grotesque liquids for the day. It was a few moments until they came back, "hey, you okay?"

His voice was rough, and she had to back up from the smell, "yeah, yeah. I'm just not... the drinking type."

"I couldn't tell," she joked, a playful smirk on her face.

Terra jumped in then, "I can't believe Riven, what was he thinking? I mean, he didn't used to be like that, but he's such an asshole now. You should have seen him last year, total nerd until Sky upped and saved him! I mean, seriously, who does he-"

"I get it, Terra." Aella interrupted, lifting her hand and pausing Terra's complaint, "he's an asshole. Understood."

Terra nodded, Dane staying quiet, "oh hey! Can I get your number?"

"Yeah, me too," Dane cut in.

Aella shared it quickly, her eyes occasionally darting the other way, distracted. When they finally got it, she started to walk back, her eyes still darting.

Dane and Terra exchanged glances, and Terra extended her hands, "hey, where are you going?"

A wicked smirk crossed her face, "to go find a tragic nerd."

She stormed through the orientation party, passing roommates and strangers as she searched for a leather jacket. She understood where everyone was coming from, from what she knew about Riven, he was an asshole and junkie that cared only for himself.

But she was the only one that felt his feelings. She was the only one that saw his face after the dead body. He was sad and angry, hateful of the school and everything in it.