LIAR LIAR

Chapter seven: Liar Liar
"Can I trust you?"

AFTER TRAINING, Aella was touring the halls, humming under her breath when she saw Silva and Sky turn a corner

AFTER TRAINING, Aella was touring the halls, humming under her breath when she saw Silva and Sky turn a corner. She stopped, and leaned against the nearest wall.

"What is it?" Silva asked.

She heard Sky take a deep breath, "Stella's gone, Riven's a mess, it's like walking on eggshells around Aella, and the one person I'm spending the most time with.. I am spying on." Eggshells? What the hell does that mean?

"Well you are doing what matters, trust me. Everything I do and everything I have done is to keep the Otherworld safe. It's something your father and I had in common, and yes, it's lonely, by there is a honor in that Sky."

Sky took another sigh, "does she know? Aella?"

"She has no reason to know."

"But-"

Silva interrupted him, "can I trust you, Sky? I need to know I can trust you."

She imagined Sky nodded instead of speaking, and she saw him walk the other direction. She saw Silva start to walk the same direction as Sky, and slowly followed him, hiding every so often if he suspected her.

He walked to Dowling's office, meeting Harvey there. She waited till they reached the room and shut the door behind them, and leaned against the wall as she tried to listen in.

She heard footsteps, and then there were none any more. Then she heard a sigh, and the voice of Dowling speak, "do you remember how well-trained we were? Rosalind-"

"-put us through hell," Harvey finished, "I still have the scars."

"And not one of the students took down a simulation. Most of them gave up."

Silva made a scoffing sound, "that's not true, Aella was able to destroy one."

"Yes, we understand. Your so proud of your daughter," Harvey said, annoyed, "it's not like your boasting about her all the time or anything. 'Oh, Aella's grades are amazing,' 'oh, Aella wins every match,' 'oh, Aella can destroy a burned one.' We get it, Saul."

Aella smiled, "All I'm saying is that she took down the simulation and didn't even reach her full power," Silva shot back, "I mean, she was able to destroy it in less time than it took the four of us to."

Dowling interrupted their little argument, "I understand Aella was able to kill it, but that's only one fairy. The other students weren't even close to injuring it."

Aella didn't get to listen in on the rest because a man bursted through the door, barely able to stand up. He was badly bloodied, grunting through the pain.

Aella pushed herself from the wall and ran towards the man, "I need.. to see.. Dowling."

Aella slammed her hand through the air, pushing open the door. She grabbed the man, letting him put his body weight on her as she struggled to help him get inside.