Rain - Beatles

Just got bored during lockdown, just a one off, pick any Beatle you'd like.

It was definitely sunny outside at lunchtime, I don't know when the weather got so dreary but now it was pissing it down, but that was never going to stop me.

I only got to see him twice a week, maybe once at the weekend if I was lucky so I wasn't about to throw this chance away just because of some water. A little water never hurt anyone.

Stepping out of the sandstone building where I had just endured an hour and a half of geography that I would very much like to forget, I saw him, standing by a wall. His hands in the pockets of his black jacket that made him look ever so attractive.

As I saw him, he saw me. I scouted past the flocks of relieved teenagers and got to him finally.

"Hello" he said.

"Hello"

We were both rather awkward. Neither of us particularly enjoyed the slow communication but it felt more comforting knowing we both shared the same introverted ways.

We walked of the school premises, talking slightly but still carrying the timid aura as if we had never met. Not in a cold sense of hatred but just a shy show of affection. We had only been going out for a couple of months but I felt safe with him.

We continued to walk side-by-side but never touching, let's just say there were certain people who didn't seem to approve of our relationship and there was always a high chance they would appear. I wasn't taking risks.

But as we got further and further away from judging eyes, I could almost feel our spirits warming up though the weather was only getting colder.

We strolled down to the river bank, the silence was bliss. Nothing but the smooth flowing of water and the sticky ruffle of fallen autumnal leaves.

As we were finally alone he stopped and wrapped his arms around me. I happily reciprocated.

"I missed you, you're okay yeah?" He asked softly.

He always liked to check that I was okay and I thought it was adorable.

"I missed you too, I'm fine" I said truthfully.

I was fine. I was more than fine. I always am when I'm with him. He makes the tantalising day of repetitive school work all worth it. The end of the day can never roll around fast enough.

We kept walking together this time hand in hand, the rain becoming heavier thought the slight coverage of trees was slightly helping.

We got to the place we always go to. The silly little bench beside the river. Sadly, no trees covered it.

"It's drenched" he says as he runs his hand across the wood.

"I don't mind" i chirped mindlessly.

"No, me neither" he replied.

We dumped our bags one side of the bench and sat on the other. I rested my head on his shoulder and held one of his hands. I could hold his hand in mine forever if I were given the chance.

We sat in silence for a while, just simply soaking in the presence of one another as it didn't happen much. If I shut my eyes the calmness in my body may have taken over and sent me to sleep despite the pattering of rain which was starting to dampen our clothes and soak our hair.

I lifted my head and looked at him, he was so untroubled, as was I.

Without any need for communication, he put his hand on my face and slowly leaned in and kissed me. The thing I had so desired all day was finally mine again.

He pulled away and stood up, I followed like a moth to a flame.

He brought my arms up to sit around his neck and he then placed his arms around my waist. I loved when he did that and I'm not too sure why.

"I straightened my hair today and for what" I laughed begrudgingly. The rain had made it look as if I had just stepped out the shower.

"Mm, it's okay. You look cute with wet hair" I smiled at his remark and kissed him again. It's so soft and gentle, his arms around me and I'm on my tip toes. I could just kiss him until I forget how to breath and that's nearly what I did.

"I love you" he whispered.

"I love you too" I whispered back.

This continued for a while.

Some time had passed and it started to get dark.

"I need to go" he frowned.

"No! No no no no no, not aloud. You need to stay" I said clinging onto him.

"If my parents didn't care so much I'd stay until you wanted rid of me" he confesses and he allows me to keep him longer.

"Well then looks like you'd never leave" I smile.

"I really need to go now"

He gets his bag and I do the same. This always was the worst part. I obviously knew I'd see him again but if I could keep him forever, I would.

We walked back the way we came and he walked me to the bus stop. The rain still battering down but at this point we had practically become part of it.

I knew he had to leave now but I knew we'd be back here next week and the thought of that kept me going. Hopefully next time it's slightly sunnier.