Chapter Two: It's Never Easy

So since you all seemed to like the story so far, I couldn't help myself but write another chapter. I'm not getting them together fast, so bear with me, please. I also don't want them to become this mushy couple, so just be patient with the process. Thank you all for the love and support though!!! It encourages me a lot!

It had been a week since Derek Shepherd entered Meredith's life, and since their first day together, he seemed to show up everywhere. She had tried her best to avoid him, which only seemed to drive him further towards her. He was interested in the stubborn, feisty woman and why she was so hell-bent on hating him. He could not deny the attraction he felt for her. She was like a breath of extraordinarily fresh air, after a long period of drowning in a sea of ordinary people.

************

Meredith was walking past the fifth floor's nurses station, writing on the chart she was holding. As she looked up, she saw Derek walking towards her, a big grin resting on his face.

"Oh my god, why do I keep running into this man" Meredith ponders as she starts walking in the other direction.

Derek clearly notices her trying to evacuate from him yet again, and Meredith stops hearing his voice belt from behind her.

"Dr. Grey!"

"Dr. Grey!"I need to speak with you!" he says as she walks away trying her best to make it seem like she didn't hear him.

"I know you're avoiding me!" he shouts while continuing to run after her.

She sighs and decides to stop walking, hearing his squeaky footsteps catch up to her. She grabs his hand and pulls him into the nearest supply closet with her.

"Wow, okay, no need to be that rough" he chuckles as she pushes him out of the way, closing the door behind them.

"I am not avoiding you! And don't ever cause a scene like that again. Now the whole hospital will think we have personal problems, and some stupid rumor is the last thing I need right now" she states firmly, her arms folded over her chest.

"Oh cut the bullshit, you have been avoiding me and you know it. Every time you see me walking towards you, you turn the other way. You were the one that wanted to keep it professional, well I need your help on a case, so this is me, being professional" he states, amused by her look of annoyance.

"She looks awfully good, all hot and bothered like this. Emphasis on the hot ofcourse" Derek thinks, looking her up and down.

"Okay fine! I have been avoiding you! Is that what you wanted to hear?" she responds, looking a little flustered.

"Yes actually it was, now can you come to look at this case with me, I have the scans in my office" he says, looking satisfied with himself.

She rolls her eyes and pushes him out of her way again to open the door. She walks towards the elevator, him following slightly behind her.

They get onto the elevator. Meredith pushes the third-floor button and stands at the back of the elevator, her back touching the cold wall.

He follows her lead, and stands a couple of inches to her right, folding his arms over his chest.

As the elevator travels down to their floor slowly, he glances over at her, letting out a slight chuckle.

"What's so funny Dr. Shepherd?" she says with the same annoyed look on her face.

"It's just.. has anyone told you that you look very attractive when you pout? Because you do" he says turned to her with a playful smile on his face.