Coming Home

AEYLA'S POV:
When I woke up, I noticed I wasn't in the forest looking up at the tree canopy anymore; I was looking at a ceiling. I bolted out of bed and looked around ready to defend myself. "Wow sister calm down!" I turned to find the owner of the voice was Peter. "Shit Peter you scared me! How did I end up here? How did you find me?" I rambled. "Well it was getting late and and dark and I didn't want everyone worrying and I didn't want something happening to you. I thought that since we have the whole sibling bond mark thing maybe we also have some of the same favorite spots for when we're stressed or need alone time and I went to the forest and there you were. I didn't wanna wake you so I carried you back here." He had a sheepish look on his face and suddenly I felt a mixture of guilt and thankfulness. "I'm sorry for getting mad at you P, it's just been a long day," I say messing with my hair, "I should probably go tell the others I'm back,"
"It's okay, they saw you when I came home but I told them to be quiet so you could rest. I figured you need it," he smiled. I looked at him, grateful he let me sleep and kept the others at bay for awhile. "Even still, they're probably worried and Steve and Tony are probably mad. Not to mention Nicki, I'm kinda scared to see him not gonna lie." I laughed nervously and slowly made my way to the door. "Thank you again Peter."
After waving Peter off I took the elevator to the common floor making sure Friday kept quiet so I could try and sneak off to the kitchen and get food. Luck was not on my side however because as soon as I stepped out of the elevator, Nat was right there. "Aeyla Maria where on Earth have you been? We've been worried sick. If Peter hadn't of went looking for you.. You could've been seriously hurt!" I looked at the ground sheepishly, "I'm sorry Nat, I just.. I needed to not be here for a bit. Away from everyone. You of all people should understand." She pulled me into a bone crushing hug and I smiled. At least she's not mad at me. My brother on the other hand, he's gonna rip me a new one. "Do you know where Nicki is? I've gotta talk to him and make sure he knows I'm okay." I pull away from Nat to see her nod. "He's in the kitchen. Be careful he doesn't seem to be happy right now." I cautiously walked to the kitchen only to come across Nicki slicing an apple with fury. I floated the apple off of the cutting board and into my hands. "What did this poor apple do to you other then looking so delicious?" I said before I took a bite out of the uncut part. Nicki looked up and I saw a range of emotions go through him. Anger, relief, disappointment, you name it, he felt it. "Aeyla Maria Veara. Do you realize what could've happened to you?! You could've gotten kidnapped, or mugged, or broken a bone. What were you thinking? You always tell me when you're going somewhere and then I come home and find out that you've run off to no one knows where." He started walking towards flailing the knife around like a psycho. I floated the knife out of his hands so he wouldn't hurt someone and began my apology. "I'm sorry Nicki. I should've told you. I just got so upset at Wanda and I started having all these emotions run through me and you know what happens when I let my emotions control me. My powers would've gotten out of control and I could've blown the whole place up. So I left to cool down. I fell asleep and then Peter came and brought me back here." I glanced up at him and saw that he wasn't completely convinced. I batted my eyes, "Please don't be mad Bear. I promise next time I'll tell you." I knew he couldn't resist the eyes and me calling him Bear. It's worked since I first started calling him that when I was a toddler. He came home from school one day and mom was having a hard time calming me down so Nicki started growling and acting like a bear to make me laugh and I've called him Bear ever since. He finally gave in and smiled, "Okay okay but you're still grounded for a week." I smiled and gave him a hug. When I turned around to head back to my room to do some homework, I saw the person I did not want to see at all.
————————————————————————
started: February 20, 2021 1:15 am
finished: February 28 2021 10:46 pm
word count: 814

hi guys! i hope you enjoyed this part! school is starting up 4 days a week instead of two and i really don't wanna go but oh well. Thank you all for the amount of love and support! I may be starting a one shot book soon for avengers and harry potter so let me know what you would be interested in reading. and don't forget to keep commenting ideas for the story! i'd be more then happy to include some!

xoxo

Cat <3