Insight

It's been a few days since I yelled at the dinner table and everyone has been a little cautious around me. Since that dinner Wanda has put in effort to make me feel better and get me to talk to her again. She gave me flowers, made breakfast for me every morning, and helped with anything I needed. I can tell that she actually feels bad for what she said, which is a change from anything I was used to before I moved into the Avengers' Compound.
Now that I live in the compound, I've been training to eventually become an official Avenger, but there's only so much I can do before I get drained. Tony wants to run some tests to try and figure out why I get drained so fast but I didn't agree at first. I've always been afraid of needles and doctors' offices but I don't ever remember having a bad experience so it's a little weird. I decided today, after I almost passed out training with Thor and Nikki insisting, that I would go down to Tony's lab and try and see what's happening with me.
When I get down to the lab, there's of course Metallica blaring in the background as Tony works on whatever new invention he decided to create. "F.R.I.D.A.Y! Please turn the music off!" I yell before walking over to Tony's work station. He looks up from his work and grins, "Hey kid, what's up?"
"I think I want to run the tests you suggested. Nikki thinks it's a good idea and I want to be able to train without needing to stop an hour in. What did you have in mind?"
Tony nods and begins gathering whatever tools he needs. He has F.R.I.D.A.Y do a complete body scan before he draws some of my blood and puts it in whatever machine he did. I have no idea what it does. He looks over the notes from the machine and the scans F.R.I.D.A.Y took of me. "Okay. There's not much here to try and figure out why you get drained so fast. But from what there is, you didn't gain your powers naturally. There's an abnormality in your blood cell counts that would only come from some kind of mutation, but it doesn't affect you on the outside. I think when you use your powers whatever mutation you have acts as a virus your body isn't familiar with and your cells start attacking, causing your powers to weaken and your energy to decrease significantly. I want to do some training exercises next week after you've gotten your energy back to see if we can do anything to increase your stamina and figure out more about the mutation. For now, hold off on training so that you can be at your best for the tests."
He didn't say anything else so I thanked him and began the walk to Nikki's room to let him know what happened. He surprisingly understood everything I told him, even though I didn't even fully understand it when Tony told me. He agreed with Tony that I should hold off on training, much to my chagrin, so I can be at my best for next week when we run more tests.
By the time I finished with Tony and talked to Nikki it was around 10:30 at night so I decided to get ready for bed. After I finished getting changed, I got into bed and read until I fell asleep.

———————————————————————————
started: June 27, 2022 7:58 p.m.
finished: June 25, 2022 9:23 p.m.
word count: 585

Hi everyone! Thank you so much for reading after such a long time! I know it's kinda short but I wanted to get something out since it's been such a long time. I really hope you guys enjoyed!!

<3 Cat