7- She Remembers

Giovanni

After Amara had left to go talk to our father, the rest of sat silently until Dante broke it.

"She's probably not even our real sister." He grumbled out. Now this caused everyone to look up from their plates.

"Whatever do you mean Dante," My mother said when she stopped eating and gave him a glare. "I mean please elaborate."  She continued while placing her arms on the table.

We all knew to never second guess our mother. Ever. Like never ever.

"Well", Dante started, "I just think that she is probably one of those bitches who claim that they are out sister." He finishes and takes a bite out of his food.

"Well Dante, we all know to never doubt our mother's gut, and we know that you have had personal experience with that one, hm?" Our eldest brother, Alessandro spoke.

Damn this is epic. All of us ganging up on Dante. Now they see what I mean when I say that he is a grinch but year round.

"Yeah didn't Mom have a bad feeling about you playing in that football game and you broke you arm?" Emilio snickered. When he said this, Lorenzo gave him a fist bump while also laughing while Dante just rolled his eyes in reply.

I swear Lorenzo and Emilio act more like twins then me and Matteo do.

"Oh and you can't forget that time when mom didn't want me going to that party then I ended up in a small car reck." Matteo added. Our mother just sat back in her chair trying to old in a laugh while we were all proving Dante wrong.

"And then that time where Mom told Dad to not go out on that mission and let his men go, but he went then go shot in the leg." I pitched in. Everyone but Dante was now trying to hold in a laugh but he just gave us another eye roll.

"So Dante, please explain on why you don't think that Amara isn't my daughter and your sister?" Mom says. "Well, I-uh she looks nothing like any of us." Dante replies while shrugging his shoulders.

Now this is when Lorenzo blew. "What the fuck do you mean bro she literally is a carbon copy of Mom and Dad." Lorenzo shouts. Mom sends him a glare and he calms down.

"Let's all calm down. We don't want to wake Amara from her sleep" My father says has he walks back after the talk with Amara. "So what happened?" Emilio asked. "That's not my place to tell all of you. She will tell you when she's ready." Our dad said. "Oh and I want nothing but respect towards her. She needs to feel loved." He added on.

"Yes sir"
"Always"
"Of course"
"Yes father"
"Nothing but the best for her"
"Whatever"

I guess we all know where that response came from.

"Dante shut it. You might be a grown man but you sure as hell aren't acting like one. Grow up and respect us and your sister." Dad snapped. "Thank you my love." Our mother spoke as she got up from the table.

"Well it seems like I am done here so I am going to go check on Amara." Our oldest brother Alessandro said. After he left we all continued finishing our meals and discussing our excitement of Amara being back.

Alessandro

Dante is a bitch.

He will get it later from the rest of our brothers and won't here the end of it.
I wonder why he has so much hatred towards our precious sister.

My thoughts came to a stop when I heard heavy breathing from Amara's room.

"Amara are you ok in there? Can I come in?" I asked through the door. I didn't want to invade her privacy. I heard no response for about a minute so I got worried and walked in. I saw my sister with a look of panic on her face. "Oh my gosh Amara are you ok? What's wrong bambina? Sh sh it's ok I am here now." I said to her as i sat on her bed and embraced her in my arms.

"Alessandro I-I I remember." She manages to stutter out. I was very lost and looked at her with a look of confusion on my face. "What do you mean?" I ask. "I-I uh everything. The night that I was taken."

Holy shit.

I let her continue and she told me the whole entire story. She even remembered the movie that we were watching.

After she finished explaining the story to me, I was stunned. I didn't have any words. I pulled her closer to me and hugged her even tighter. "I'm sorry. You should probably get some sleep. It's getting late. I love you bambina" I said to her. I kissed her head and exited to room.

Once I left her room, I rushed downstairs to notify my family of what i just found out.

"She remembers." Is all I said for them to stop what they were doing and look up at me with complete shock. "B-but what? How? She was only 4 years old." My mother said trying to grasp it. "I honestly don't know mother, she woke up from a dream i suppose, and started telling me what she remembered. She even remembered the movie we were watching. The minions!" I said in astonishment.

My parents and all my brothers were in complete shock. But the comment I just made about the movie, cause Dante to completely look up. He looked mad at threw his silverware on the plate and stormed off.

"What was that all about?" Asked Lorenzo. We all have him a shrug in response. "Well let's not worry about him for a moment, and rejoice in the knowledge that we know Amara is ours." My mother proudly said while raising her glass.

"Cheers!"

I love seeing my parents and brothers this happy. It brings me ultimate joy.

"I never doubted you for a second mom." Matteo said. "Thank you dear." My mother smiled sincerely in response.

We all finished our dinner in joy and made our way up to bed. We each stopped at Amara's bedroom to tell her goodnight. even though she was already sleeping.

But, where was Dante?

Dante

"It was all-"

punch

"my-"

punch

"fault."

punch

The pain. I let it take over again. This was a usual occurrence, me boxing with a punching bag to release my pain in anger. It usually ended with my knuckles, hands, and wrists all bloodied at bruised. I didn't mind it though. It helped deliver my suffering, and that's all that mattered.

If I hadn't taken her up at that time of night, or even at all, none of this would have happened. It's all my fault. The pain and suffering of my family mourning the loss of their beloved daughter and sister, was all my fault.

Surprisingly, I used to be a loving person. But then was when Amara was around. When she was taken, I forgot how to love, how to show emotions, and overall just became cold. She was the warmth of my cold life.

I didn't know how to feel when she arrived, and quite frankly i still don't. I am still in denial and my whole family thinks that I hate her, but it's the exact opposite.

I just don't know how to show my love.

She taught me how to love, and I hope she shows me again.