A Quick Check-Up

(Make-out warning! Nothing serious, just very passionate smooching 🥰)

AU: How to Train Your Guardian.
Ship: Hijack/Frostcup (Hiccup + Jack)

Hiccup quietly shut the door to the workshop behind him. Jack looked around, observing the various items set about. "Did you build all of these?" He asked.
"Most of it," Hiccup responded. He skimmed through the miscellaneous objects on his desk, eventually finding an unorganized ball of bandages, some thread and a needle. "Sit here," Hiccup instructed, pointing to the desk. Jack hopped up, crossing his legs and setting his staff in his lap. "Give me your hand," Hiccup said, grabbing Jack's arm and pulling it out towards him. Jack winced. "Oh come on, it's not that bad," Hiccup said in response. "No, not that, it's..." Jack couldn't find the words. His face was incredibly warm and his hand felt like it was numb, not from the sprain, but from him. Hiccup had been treating him and his Lightfury very nicely for the past few weeks, and he didn't know why. All that Jack and his dragon did was terrorize his village, not to mention that Jack would've let his dragon kill Hiccup the first time they met if Toothless hadn't been against it. Speaking of, Toothless was equally as merciless to the Vikings, but Hiccup continued to feed him and help him fly. Was that just the kind of person Hiccup was? Just that thought made Jack like him even more. "Never mind," Jack finished his sentence, his stomach in knots.

"So how did this even happen?" Hiccup asked, beginning to wrap Jack's hand. "I thought you were magical or something."
Jack did what he could to ignore his current feelings in order to respond. "Well, yeah, magical sure, but I'm not indestructible."
"Still, a sprain is kind of..." Hiccup finished applying the bandage and reached for a knife. He held the end of the bandage in his mouth and casually sliced it in the necessary spot. "Kind of a mortal thing, huh?" he said, looking up at Jack with a sly smirk on his face. Jack felt a chill run down his spine as his face somehow grew warmer. "Uh, uh-huh..." he nodded, flustered.

Hiccup grabbed the needle and thread and started to sew the bandages in place. "Mm, careful," Jack squirmed, "I may not be able to bleed, but I can still feel being stabbed," he joked nervously. Hiccup tilted his head, finding Jack's behavior strange. "Are you alright?" he asked. Jack continued to internally loose his mind over how much he was in love with Hiccup right now. "Y-Yeah, why?" he stammered.
"I don't know, you're just acting kind of off." Hiccup finished sewing the bandages, cutting the thread and tying a carful knot. He set the needle and thread aside. "Can you get sick? You look like you're burning up." He reached up and lightly touched his hand to Jack's forehead. Jack pushed his hand back immediately. "Oh, sorry!" Hiccup apologized, "I didn't mean to—"
"It's fine," Jack stopped him, looking down, still anxious to move. Hiccup waited for a moment, expecting Jack to explain himself, but he couldn't collect the courage to say anything. "Okay, seriously," Hiccup broke the silence, "what's wrong?" Jack ran his hands through his hair, taking a minute to get his thoughts in order. "I..." he swallowed, "I-I... it's... well, i-it's just that..." He let out a breath.

"Why are you nice to me?" he finally spoke in a complete sentence. Hiccup was caught rather off guard by that question. "I don't know," he said. "I guess, you let me live, twice, technically, so probably that."
"I didn't let you live," Jack whispered, tightening the grip on his staff. "I tried to kill you." Hiccup put his hands on Jack's, causing him to flinch. "Well, yeah, maybe you tried to, but you didn't," he slowly moved his hands up Jack's forearm, making Jack feel lightheaded. "You could've just taken me out, but you didn't. More importantly, you didn't because it's not what Toothless wanted. You put what he wanted before what you thought was best, and I think that's really admirable. As cheesy as that is." Jack smiled at Hiccup's comment, making eye contact with him for the first time that night. His face was a light shade of pink, which, for some reason, made Jack calm down.

The feeling of relief was short lived, however, because Hiccup's smile quickly faded. Hiccup stood up on his toes and wrapped his arms around Jack's neck. Jack's terribly loud heartbeat made his ears ring. "Don't..." Jack said, in an attempt to keep Hiccup from making any bad decisions. But his efforts were useless. Hiccup had already decided. He pulled Jack close and kissed him, holding it for a good half-a-minute. He stepped down for a second, allowing both himself and Jack a breather to process what just happened. Jack covered his mouth, feeling like he was going to be sick. Hiccup chuckled at his reaction. "Wuss," he teased. "Sorry, I'm just worried!" Jack defended himself. "I mean, your dad—"

"Uh, gods," Hiccup scoffed, "don't bring him up. You'll kill the mood."
"Sorry, mood?" Jack said, more scared than confused. Hiccup smiled and pulled Jack in for another kiss. This time, Jack was more comfortable. He set his hands on Hiccup's waist. They held there for a while before Hiccup started to get antsy. Without releasing him, he grabbed Jack's staff and set it, rather roughly, to the side. Jack was able to understand where Hiccup was going. He uncrossed his legs and lifted Hiccup onto the desk with ease. Jack wrapped his arms around Hiccup, pulling him closer. Hiccup moved his hands from Jack's neck down to his shirt. He ran his hands up Jack's stomach, making Jack pull away and grab Hiccup's hands. "Okay, stop," he said.
"Come on, what's the problem?" Hiccup said, continuing to trace Jack's abdomen with his fingers. "No really, I'm serious!" Jack giggled, "Cut it out!" he grabbed both of Hiccup's wrists and held them above his head. "Hm. Well, this is certainly sooner than I expected, but, if you really want to—"

"Oh for gods' sake, you're disgusting," Jack teased, pushing Hiccup off of his lap. "Hey! I wasn't finished!" Hiccup protested. Jack jumped down off the desk, grabbing his staff. "Also, for future reference, you're not allowed to touch this," he held his staff in front of Hiccup's eyes. Hiccup scoffed. "We'll see how long that rule holds up," he muttered, smiling. Jack rolled his eyes and didn't bother responding, only making the smart decision to head towards the door. Before he opened it, he asked Hiccup one last question. "So, does this mean we're..." he was hoping he wouldn't have to finish his thought. "I mean, I think it'd be awkward if we weren't," Hiccup smiled. Jack nodded and left the workshop, surprisingly content with tonight's development.