My Darling (Prompt)

AU: Hogwarts (I don't know if Hogwarts was a thing when HTTYD 1 takes place [I'm not a huge Potterhead] but just shhhhh)
Ship: Hijack/Frostcup (Hiccup + Jack)

Jack's P.O.V.

And there we have it. Another day of classes, finished. I sat on the railing of the now empty Wooden Bridge, tapping the small pillars with my staff, covering them in a light layer of frost. I never had to attend classes. North, one of the faculty members at Hogwarts, said I could go and watch any class I felt like, but I never did. I had seen them all before. It's really stupid, actually. I was never allowed to go anywhere near a muggle establishment. Ever. Due to the fact that I'm only visible to wizards and witches, the teachers never allow me to leave in fear that I might terrify some young wizarding child, or that they might see me and give up the wizard's existence to the muggles. I begged North practically every week that I might be allowed to go out, just to look. But his response was always the same. "Terrify them..." I muttered. Insulting, that's what it is. The frost slowly turned to ice. I almost snapped the pillar from cracking it with my staff, but I was stopped by the voice of someone I knew very well.

"Jack!" The young boy came calling across the bridge. This boy's called Hiccup, a Hufflepuff, and a very popular one at that. But more importantly, my boyfriend. I found him very interesting.
See, just because I'm magical doesn't mean I'm not under almost constant criticism from those not in my house. I was, of course, casted into Slytherin, which I'm sure you can imagine makes my life that much easier. It's never anything physical, the students here aren't that stupid. It was more behind-your-back things, rumors and stuff like that. Most are harmless, but some can get pretty out of hand. But Hiccup ignores all of these, no matter their intensity. I find it odd, though I've been told by my housemates that he's just behaving like a normal Hufflepuff. They've explained to me that that's why we have a somewhat neutral alliance with the Hufflepuff house.

I moved my legs around so I was looking at him. "Hey," I greeted him.
"Oh gods," he sighed, putting his hand on the pillar I'd frozen. "Bad day?" I crossed my ankles, hitting my shoes against railing board, looking down. "I don't want to talk about it," I mumbled.
"Aw," he pulled me down off the railing, holding my hands, "how come you never tell me what's wrong?" He gave me an admittedly adorable look. "You wouldn't be interested," I said. He groaned. "Sorry to be rude, but I'm tired of that excuse," he tightened his grip on my hands. It was only then that he noticed my tie's appearance. "If you're not going to wear your robes or your sweater, you should at least make sure your tie looks decent," he scolded, undoing my green and white striped accessory to make sure it looked presentable. After he fixed my button-up and whatever else he felt compelled to adjust, he stood up on his toes and kissed me on the cheek. I rolled my eyes, making him laugh. "You're so sweet," he said, holding my hands. I continued to avoid eye contact, feeling my face light up. It was then that we heard the voices of a few teachers walking towards us. "Quickly!" He whispered, racing across the bridge. "Hiccup," I chased after him, "Hiccup! Where are we even going?" He gave me a quick glance, "Where do you think?"

* * * * *

"You know, this is a really, uh, Slytherin thing of you to do," I said, almost tripping over the branches that scattered the floor. "And it's a really Gryffindor thing of you to stereotype me," Hiccup teased. I nearly fell once more, but Hiccup was able to catch me before I hit the ground. "Maybe you should walk up there?" he pointed to the trees.
"I'm fine," I didn't notice the sour tone of my voice. Luckily, Hiccup was pretty used to putting up with me at this point in our relationship, so he just giggled and continued walking, now holding my hand. "I hate you," I growled, walking close to him. He stood up to kiss me on the cheek once again.

After walking for a good while, Hiccup stopped and pulled out a small, box-shaped device that would click when you pressed it. He clicked it a couple times in a certain order. It was if a piece of the sky had fallen, as a night-black creature with forest green eyes appeared before us. He pranced around Hiccup happily. "Hey, bud," Hiccup said, petting him. He then leaped over to me, bending down and slightly wagging his tail, to which I patted him on the head a couple times. Being content with this, he hopped back over and sat down next to Hiccup, and I joined them myself.

The rest of the night was pretty standard, though I did hate what happened. Hiccup was able to pry into my mind and get me to, ugh, talk about what North and the other witches and wizards had told me. "Terrify them?" he said in disgust. "Please, you couldn't scare anyone, even if you tried." Seeing that his attempts to cheer me up had failed, he set his hand on my leg. "Jack, I..." he sighed, not knowing what he could say.
"It's alright," I smiled. "Thanks for being, you know, concerned about me."
He laughed. "Well, somebody has to." He leaned over and kissed me rather passionately this time. Toothless groaned in annoyance, covering his eyes with his paws. Hiccup giggled. "Sorry, bud," he pet him a few times. Hiccup then began to rub his eyes. "Maybe we should head back," I said, starting to stand up.
"No, no," he pulled me back down, "it's fine."
"You— We could get in a lot of trouble. You understand that, right?"
"Yeah, I know, but," he rested his head on my shoulder, "we can deal with that later."
I softly laughed. "Whatever you say, I guess."