period // kyo sohma

I woke up with a pounding headache. I groggily got out of bed and walked down the stairs for breakfast. I felt so dizzy, but I assumed I just needed some food. 

I opened the door to the living room and Shigure and Yuki were chatting with one another. "Good morning." I said with a cough. Yuki came to my side at once, "Miss L/N! Are you feeling alright?" I gave him a dopey smile, I felt like my body was crashing. 

"You poor thing, you must stay home today." Shigure came over and popped a thermometer into my mouth. When it started beeping, Shigure looked at it with a sympathetic look, "Yep, 38.1. You have a slight fever." 

I nodded my head, but suddenly my stomach started to cramp and churn. Toppling over in pain, I groaned. 

Rushing to the bathroom, I felt a wave of vomit coming up my throat. Spilling it all out into the toilet, I felt someone behind me. They lifted my hair out of my face and rubbed soothing circles on my back.

I could hear a light chuckle from outside the door. 'What could be so funny about this?' I wondered, and I peeked up and saw Shigure, of course. "I'm sorry, it's not funny, it's just the fact that Kyo is treating you like a child!" Another burst of laughter came after his statement. I looked back at who had been holding my hair, and sure enough, it was Kyo. He gave me a soft smile, "C'mon dummy, let's get you cleaned up." 

I followed him upstairs and to the bath. "PERVERT!" Yuki yelled up after us. 

"SHE'S SICK YOU DIRTY RAT!" Kyo yelled back. I mustered a weak little giggle. 

He sent me into the bathroom with warm towels and he talked to me through the door, asking about my day and saying anything to distract me from the pain. 

The warm water soothed my body to the core. My cramps slowly died down. 

After a bit, I stepped out and went to my room to get changed. 

After putting on some comfy pajamas, I felt much better. I took some tylenol and went back to my bed. 

Kyo and Yuki left for school, and Shigure had work to do, so it was just me at home. 

Hours later, everyone returned home. I had no energy to make dinner, and even if I could- they probably wouldn't want someone sick making their curry. 

I was about to get up when Kyo came in with some papers. "Hey, I picked up your classwork. I had to explain to Sensei that you were sick." He set them down on my little desk and as he was about to leave, I grabbed onto his shirt. "Hey, Kyo?" He looked back at me a bit confused. "Thank you for taking care of me, periods suck." I giggled, and he got a bit flustered at my statement. 

"Well, I didn't want you puking all over the house! You're sick, nobody wants to catch what you have, so you've gotta get batter!" I giggled some more and let go of him. 

He patted my head gently and gave me a smile before walking out the door. Little did I know, he was grabbing me ice cream. 

END