daisies // ayame sohma

CLICK CLACK CLICK CLACK!

The streets were filled with people, going here and there, everyone bustling around, trying to get to many different places.

Y/N, a wealthy fashion critic was headed out for business. Her schedule for the day consisted of critiquing a new line, writing her article, grabbing coffee, and heading back home. 

She walked into the building of the new and upcoming designer, Ayame Sohma. She'd heard of him from a family friend. They spoke of his fresh and classy outlook on women's designs, and she thought it was worth her time to give feedback. 

"I'm Y/N L/N. I have a meeting with Ayame." She said, her tone smooth and rich sounding as she pulled her sunglasses off her face, placing them on top of her head. 

The receptionist at the front desk gave her a wide-eyed look as she hurriedly punched a number into her phone. "Mr. Sohma, Miss Y/N is here." 

She quickly hung up and stood, brushing out her skirt. 

"Right this way." The lady turned on her heel and lead the way through the building. They arrived at a pair of french doors, made of white wood and glass. 

She peeked over the receptionist and saw a young man who looked around her age. His abnormally long white hair was pulled back into a loose ponytail that swayed with his movements. 

Her eyes danced with wonder as she saw him carefully pinning fabric onto a mannequin. 

She was snapped out of her thoughts when the receptionist knocked on the door. The man turned around and smiled, leaving his work behind to come and greet the two women. 

He opened the door, "Oh hello Miss Y/N! It's a pleasure to have you here. Please, come in!" He smiled down at her as she gratefully accepted his invitation. 

"So, Mr. Sohma, what do you have for me today?" Y/N said as she took a seat on the white couch. 

"My new line! It's centered around daises, how elegant and fragile- and please, call me Ayame!" He spoke with such joy, his charm was infectious. 

"Daisies?" The woman said as she pulled out her notebook. Her mind was racing, he could never have known that daisies were her favorite flower. 

The show soon began with model after model wearing something that was absolutely stunning. Ayame would give in small commentary here and there, but most of the time was spent with Y/N admiring the handiwork of this new designer. 

Finally, the crown piece of his entire collection. A model walked out wearing a knee-length white silk dress, covered with a mesh button-up shirt that was covered in simple embroidered daisies. Y/N was taken aback by the elegance of the whole ensemble. She stood and clapped lightly and Ayame took a bow. 

The models came out again one by one to bow as well, and then they quickly left the scene to clean up and get back to work. 

The woman lingered around the studio, taking note of all the mannequins around her. Each item she'd seen that afternoon was absolutely breathtaking. 

"Ayame!" she called.

Ayame felt a chill run down his spine. He knew that her judgment could break or make his career. Nevertheless, he put on a charming smile and turned to look at her. "Yes Miss Y/N, what can I help you with?"

He could feel the sweat starting on the back of his neck. Her gaze was powerful and most definitely intimidating. 

She sighed before crossing her arms in front of her chest. "This line was..." She paused, trying to find the right words. Meanwhile, he grew impatient and waited with bated breath. 

"It was just fabulous!" She gave a reluctant smile and threw her arms up in excitement. "I don't know how you made something so breathtaking yet so simple, but it works."

Ayame felt relief from her words and a pounding in his heart at the fact that his favorite fashion guru had complimented his designs.

"Thank you so much!" He gave her a bow and shook her hand. 

Reaching down, she grabbed her purse and opened it to pull out a business card. 

Handing him the card between her two fingers, he gladly accepted it. 

"Call me so we can discuss further." She pulled down her sunglasses and gave him a wink before taking her leave, the sound of her high heels clicking in the distance.

Ayame stood there, speechless. He ran to the phone and dialed his dear friend, Hatori. 

~~~~~

Hatori sat in his office, quiet and calm from the lack of patients. 

RIIINGG! RIIINGG!

He leaned over and grabbed the phone, pulling it up to his ear. "This is Hatori."

"TORI YOU'LL NEVER GUESS WHAT JUST HAPPENED!!"

He flinched at the burst of sound coming from the other end of the phone. "Ayame, what a pleasant surprise." He pinched the bridge of his nose, setting down his work. 

"Tori!! The fashion critic, Y/N L/N just came and reviewed my designs and she said she wants to meet with me to discuss further!! I'M GONNA BE A REAL DESIGNER!!" At this point a few tears had fallen down Ayame's face, describing his dream coming true to his longtime friend. 

Hatori chuckled a bit as he smiled, "That's wonderful news Aya." 

"Thank you for all your support Tori! I'll see you later, bye!"

The call ended with a click and the two males went off to do their own work. 

Ayame collapsed into his chair, still holding the card. Rereading her number over and over again. 

'She was pretty....' He thought to himself, a content smile gracing his face. 

"I'm actually going to be a designer." He mumbled and he looked over at a vase of daisies in the corner. He reached his arm out and touched one of the petals gently. 

Something about the delicate flower reminded him of the woman who was in his studio mere minutes ago. 

END