spring cleaning // shigure sohma

The first days of spring were just around the corner, which meant spring cleaning!!

"Shigure, how many times do I have to tell you, you can't NOT clean!" Y/N scolded her fiancé as he hid underneath the covers of their shared bed. 

"But Y/N, it's so much workkkk." He whined, rolling over and flailing about like a toddler. 

"Even Kyo is helping out around here! Can't you at least dust?!" She placed her hands on her hips while scrunching her nose in anger. 

"Y/N?"

The woman turned around to see Yuki standing at the doorway, a pile of freshly folded laundry in his hands. 

"I had to do my own laundry, and I saw yours was still hanging outside. I hope you don't mind that I finished it for you." He smiled before taking a step into the room and placing the clean linens in her hands. 

Her heart melted at the sight, and she placed a grateful hand on his shoulder. "Yes! That was very kind of you, Yuki. Thank you for all you do." She smiled at him before turning back to the bed and ripping the covers from atop Shigure's body. 

The male was curled up in a ball, and when he realized his defenses were lost, jumped in surprise and tried to back away from the girl in front of him. 

"Get up." She demanded, before crawling onto the bed and reaching over to grab hold of his ear. She tugged him out of bed, his painful cries making her grip tighter. 

Down the stairs and all the way into the kitchen, where a box of cleaning supplies sat on the counter. Y/N released him, then reached in and grabbed a yellow duster from inside. 

"You're gonna start in here and then gradually make your way around the whole house!" She smiled a little too sweetly before shoving the item into his chest, walking away with her hair lightly smacking him in the face. 

Shigure let out a sigh when he noticed she'd left the room. 'Good God... I hate this time of year.' He thought before extending the duster to its full length. He walked around the kitchen, lazily running the duster over the top of the cupboards. A sigh escaped his lips as he went into the living room to do the same thing. 

Meanwhile, Y/N was upstairs with Kyo, helping him clean the bathroom.

"Oh come on, you scaredy-cat! The water won't hurt you." She giggled as she threw the wet sponge at him. He hissed and ran over to get a towel. She knew about the curse that plagued their family, but she didn't mind. In all reality, she found it funny at times. Now was one of those times as she tried to get the poor kitty to scrub the bathtub. 

'Yuki's really the only one who never has any complaints.' She thought to herself. 'I guess rats are just naturally unbothered.' She concluded before leaving to go check on the others. 

The front door was left open to let a nice breeze into the house. She noticed the shoes were all placed nicely on the shelf and she made a mental note to thank Tohru later. Looking around, she realized that she still needed to sweep and vacuum.

Walking into the living room, Shigure sat sprawled out on the floor, dozing off in the sunlight the streamed in through the open doors. She sighed before the idea hit her. She quietly but quickly ran to the hall closet and pulled out the vacuum. 

It's a well-known fact that dogs are spooked by vacuums, and though she loved Shigure with her whole heart, that didn't stop her from wanting to tease him a little. 

"Maybe you'll dust after this..." she mumbled to herself as she plugged it in. She lined it up, right in front of his face, and then hit the power button. The vacuum revved and sounded as she moved it across the ground.

As if on instinct, Shigure woke and bolted to his feet as he saw the machine get closer to his face. "AHH Y/N STOP NOOO!!!" Shigure whined as he backed into the corner. He grabbed the duster from off the ground and extended it to try to fend off the vacuum. 

"Y/N THIS ISN'T FUNNY!! YOU BETTER TURN THAT DEVIL THING OFF!!" He cowered in fear and Y/N let out an evil laugh. She messed with him by threatening to get even closer, as the vacuum did nothing harmful. 

"This wouldn't have happened if you'd just clean!" She sang as she rounded the corner and turned, then unplugged the vacuum. Shigure let out a sigh of relief and then sank to the floor. Grasping at his chest, he could feel his heartbeat pounding. 

Y/N walked over to him and sat down in front of him. He crawled forward and curled into a ball, laying his head into her lap. She stroked his hair and found it amusing that a grown man, though cursed as a dog, fell victim to a simple vacuum. 

Leaning down to place a gentle kiss on his head, she lifted his chin to make eye contact with him. "Can you go dust now?" She smiled, and he nodded with a small pout on his lips. 

"Thank you." She said and then kissed him once more, but on the lips.

Spring cleaning was a special time of year for the Sohma's, soon-to-be Sohma, and Miss Tohru Honda. 

END