34

Y/N POV

After my mom's long, emotional explanation, we all sort of mindlessly went to dinner, unsure of what to feel. Most- if not all of us, seemed to be lost in our own thoughts on the situation, internally debating about where to go from here.

I knew I needed to talk to my mom alone, just as much as I knew I needed to talk to my teammates alone, especially Alex.

No doubt my mom and Kelley had some things to talk about, along with everyone else.

There was so much to do, and so little time.

With the game being tomorrow, our curfew was 10, and it was already 6, leaving us four hours to eat, shower, talk, and wind down. That may sound like a lot of time, but it's not.

We ate dinner in silence, with my mom sitting at the coaches table while the rest of us sat in our regular spots.

After our meal, most of the team went up to their rooms, probably wanting to give themselves time to think. I needed to talk to both Alex and my mom, but wasn't sure I was ready for either conversation.

It seemed that the two women had chosen for me though, because while the rest of the team and coaching staff filed out of the room, Alex approached me, as Hope approached Kelley.

I watched the two ex-girlfriends out of the corner of my eye, unable to hear what they were saying, but hoping to god Kelley wouldn't be too upset to listen.

"Hi." Alex said softly, giving me a small smile.

I shifted my attention to her, automatically returning the smile. "Hey."

The brunette looked over at Hope and Kelley, watching them for a few seconds. The pair nodded and my mom smiled a small smile, following the shorter woman out of the room.

"So I guess they're gonna go sort out their...problems." Alex said, turning back to me.

My chest filled with a deep sense of hope that they'd be able to work everything out. Maybe even start over.

"I hope so."

The forward cleared her throat, and I could sense her hesitation. "So...are we gonna...talk about it?"

I inhaled deeply, then nodded, trying to hide my nervousness. "Yes. We should. I'm assuming they're gonna talk in my room, so can we go to yours?"

Alex nodded, her smile larger. "Pinoe said she's with Ash, Tobin, Ali, and Christen, so we've got the room to ourselves."

----------------------------------

Kelley POV

Hope and I  ended up in Y/n and I's room, seeking much needed privacy and time away from the rest of the team in order to talk.

I didn't know what to say once we were finally alone, sitting across from one another on the two beds.

I was trying hard to fight back the tears that threatened to fall, but the lump in my throat was making it much too difficult.

Hope had been the best thing to ever happen to me. Better than my first USWNT call up. Hell, it was better than winning the 2015 World Cup.

From the first day we had met, I had been infatuated with Hope Solo and her hard, icy blue eyes. Her impenetrable exterior and intimidating attitude scared almost everyone off at first, but I couldn't help but feel drawn to her.

I would find any excuse to be with her or talk to her, trying my best to make her laugh and smile despite her constant complaining about how annoying I was.