I hope you'll be okay

"So blue's still on the ship?"

Keith turns away from Lance's pod to look over at shiro.

He pulls at the ends of his jacket. "We didn't have time, Lance told me to leave him, I couldn't."

"Woah," Shiro lifts both hands palms forward, "that's not what I meant. You did the right thing. I just wanted to make sure."

Keith nods looking down. "We're going to need a plan to get her back."

Redirecting his gaze to where Lance is frozen in his pod, Shiro sighs. "We do, but first we should get some sleep. Today was an exhausting day."

Keith hums, not moving from his post of watching lance.

"He'll be fine."

With fear in his eyes, Keith turns to Shiro. "He almost wasn't."

Shiro places his hand on Keith's shoulder. "I know, but he's okay now. You have your own injuries to worry about. Get some sleep, you need it."

Shiro turns to leave.

"Thanks Shiro." Keith's voice is quiet, but heavy with sincerity.

"Anytime," Shiro turns in the doorway, "And get some sleep."

Grumbling, Keith places his hands either side of him in the air. "I know, I know. Geez."

Laughing, Shiro leaves and Keith goes to follow. When Keith reaches the doorway, he places his hand on the wall, turning to Look over his shoulder at Lance.

I hope shiro's right and that you really will be okay.