Chapter Six

Bailey's POV

DREAM

  I crawled away frantically, my left arm bent in the wrong direction. My dad grinned wide at me and stepped to me. He grabbed my hair and picked me up. I was only 13 and very skinny, Him being a weightlifter, I weighed nothing but a feather to him. 

   He threw me into the wall. My head collided with the wall before anything else did. I heard a crack, My head split open. My face was blank. I needed to show no emotions. That's what he wanted, It's what he THRIVED for. 

   My bitch ass mother walked in laughing but looking tired. My father probably woke her by throwing me into the wall. I looked at my mother. She laughed harder. She walked straight to me and kicked me in the mouth. 

  "Ugh! You fucking bitch!! Cry! DO SOMETHING!" My mother yelled. "Go to hell." I spit blood in her face. She gasps. My father punches me across the jaw, cracking it. "You will regret that! You never disrespect your mother! She put you in this world!" He growls out. 

  "I wish she would take me out! You are the worst fucking parents in this world! I DID NOTHING TO Y'ALL! WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH YOU PEOPLE! I FUCKING HATE YOU!!" I scream at the top of my lungs with venom. My dad picks me up and throws me over his shoulder. He walks down to the basement, My mother behind. 

  My dad chains my hands from the walls on opposite sides. My knees hit the floor while my hands are spread. My mother rips my shirt and bra, leaving my back exposed. My dad pulls something down. It was a whip. My eyes widen. 

  I look at him over my shoulder. He smiles at me. "This is what happens to bad little girls who disrespect their parents!" He yells as he lifts the whip and cracks it down-

DREAM END

  My body shoots up and I gasp for breath. That was not a dream. That was real. It happened. My back stung with memories. My eyes watered but I didn't let the tears escape. 

  I heard light footsteps approach the tent. I stared at the door. The zipper was moving. The door fell and I saw Daryl. "SHIT! Damn woman! Gave me a heart attack!" He grunts, "I tend to do that." I wink and then shake my head. He scoffs at me. "So why are you here." He sounded surprised. 

  "Thought you needed some company." I look in his baby blue eyes. "Why." He sits while looking at me. "You are pulling yourself away from people who care about you. It may not seem like it, but they do. You are the glue to that group. Without you, They wouldn't be here. And they sure as hell woulda starved." I frowned. 

  "You may act like a lone wolf type who needs nobody. But deep down you are a giant teddy bear who needs someone." I frown more at him. "The hell I-" Daryl tries to argue but I cut him off. "Trust me Daryl. Been there, Done that. Ran that mile to many damn times. You have people watching your back, not because they have to. But because they care." I close my eyes. 

  "And don't give me that I am a man bullshit. That shits for kids. Daryl, I am on the same boat you are. I get feeling lost and alone. With no one there for you. Just because you lost someone important to you, Does not give you the right to take it out on other people. Just cause they ain't blood, don't mean they ain't family." I get up and unzip the tent, stepping out.

  "Think about that. Get some sleep. I'll make you some coffee when you get up and if you want to talk, we can go on a "run"." I zip up the tent smiling at Daryl. I walk back to the house and go up to my room. I throw myself onto the bed and fall asleep after throwing some sleeping pills in my mouth.

 NEXT MORNING

  I awake to the sound of knocking on my door. I groan in tiredness. "Bailey! Get up. Daddy made breakfast." Beth yells through the door. I yell in annoyance and get up. I pull on a pair of black jean shorts and a muscle tank top that said "PISS OFF" . I don't have many clothes, just in case I need to grab everything quickly. Which everything was pretty much already in my duffle bag.