Chapter Five

×Bailey's POV×

I heard someone open the RV door. I quickly grabbed my knife. I see Dale. I sigh and put my knife away. "Need anything?" I question. "No, just going to the bathroom." He yawns. "How long have you been on watch?" I ask, noticing his yawn.

"Uh, all night." he yawns again."Want me to take over?" I asked. "Oh, what about your leg?" He quietly exclaims. "Trust me, My dad broke my leg and I was up and at it in three days. An arrow to leg is nothing." I speak getting up. "Alright, If you insist. Here." He hands me a Ruger M77 Hawkeye Bolt Action Rifle.

"Nice M77." I compliment limping out of the door. I swing the M77 over my shoulder, and make my way up the ladder.

*Hours Later*

Well this was an easy night. Wish it was everynight. I was supposed to switch out with someone hours ago but I have had way more sleep than any of these people have had. It was about 5 or 6 in the morning and I am still the only person awake.

*30 Minutes Later*

I hear movement in a car. I turn my head and see Daryl getting out of a Honda civic. I laugh. "Well Daryl. I didn't picture you barking up the wrong tree." I smirk. "I was hoping we could hook up sometime." I tease and wink. "I wasn't paying attention at the time. I just jumped in a random car and went to sleep." He argued. "Yeah Suuuree." I tease more.

"Don't make me come up there woman." He jokingly narrows his eyes. "What are you going to do about it Man?" I narrow mine. "Why and how are you up there?" He asks. "I took watch, and I climbed. Duh.." I say making an are-you-stupid face. "All night? And how with your leg?" He pointed out.

"Pretty much. Figured you all need some sleep. Like I said last night, I've had worse." I shrug. "I was about to make some squirrel. Take over watch?" I look at him. "Sure but after we eat, we are going to your farm. He commands.

I roll my eyes and walk away. I get a fire started after i finish skinning the squirrel. I put the non-bloody squirrel over the fire. I get up and go to search in the cars for anything else I can cook with the squirrel. I searched about 7 cars before I come across a Ford.

I take a look in the bed and find nothing but leaves. I opened the back door quietly, noticing the dead man in the drivers seat. I see a small bag of potatoes. I grab them and look up. I see a small bottle of seasoning on the dash. I smile. I run to the other side and open the passenger side door. I hop in because I was to short to reach the bottle.

It was in the middle of the dash. I reached my left hand out to reach it. I felt something grab my arm. It took me a second to realize it was the biter. I grab my knife and plant it into the brain. I peel off the fingers and snatch my arm away. I gasp for breath. My dad use to grab my arm like that and it was bring back memories. I got the bottle and flew out of the truck and ran to the small fire.

I cut up the potatoes and throw them into the boiling water. I used a pot and water from the RV.

*Ten Minutes Later*

It finally finshed so I divided the food into 4 plates. I put out the fire and left the pot. I balanced them and walked to the RV with no trouble. I knocked on the door with my knee. I heard a bed creak and Carol opened the door yawning. "I made some food before we went to the farm." I smiled a little. "Oh thank you sweetie. Here." She took two of the plates.

"Do you know where Andrea is?" I tilt my head. "Oh yeah, She was sleeping in the front seat of the RV. I'll take another."She smiled then frowned. "Wait, who is that one for?" She says putting down one of the plates. Gesturing to the one alone in my hand.

"Daryl." I shrug. "What about you?" She argues. "I've already had plenty to eat in my life time, plus I'm not hungry." I smile walking out going to the ladder. I make my way up balancing the plate. "Daryl, Take this." I growl. He gets up and takes the plate from my hand. I make my way up and sit on the edge.