Chapter Eleven

Daryl's POV

I woke up to the sound of feet going past my tent. I put on my jeans, sleeveless flannel, my vest, and boots and grabbed my crossbow. I walked out and followed the person.

I tried to track the prints but saw nothing. Bailey. I knew it was her. Where was she going? I kept going and sped up. I finally caught sight of her long hair flowing behind her. She was going pretty fast. Harder for me to keep quiet, but I managed.

She kept turning. I lost sight of her. I kept going in random directions. There was a huge bush that I decided to go threw. When I looked up and arrow was in my face.

"Why the hell you following me Dixon?" She growls putting her bow down. "Wanted to make sure you got back." I joke. "Haha, very funny Mr. Dixon." She rolls her eyes.

"Also, I wanted to ask you a question. What you said yesterday." I trail off not knowing what to say. "Yes Daryl. I mean it. I love you. I know we've only known each other for like a week. But our lives can be taken any day now. When I saw you my heart stopped. I felt connected to you." She whispers and stares me in the eye.

I stare at her dumbfounded. "I only feel like I'm breathing when I'm next to you. I feel like I'm living. Not surviving. You make me forget the bad. Daryl you're my good." She says looking down.

I walk over to her and place my hands on her waist. I pull her in close. She looks up with her deep blue eyes. I stare down into them. I take a deep breath. "I love you too Bailey." I speak before closing my eyes and kissing her. She responds immediately.

She smiles at me when we pull apart. "Ready for some hunting babe?" I smile lightly. She nods and grabs her bow. She takes off and I follow like a lost puppy. We walk deeper into the woods with her staring infront of her and me staring at her.

(*TIME SKIP*)

I collected a couple hare and a 7 point buck. And again she still beat me. With an 8 pointer and a few squirrel. I was pretty embarrassed. She tried to tell me it was okay but I shrugged it off. She gave me a quick peck before breaking threw the trees.

"I have to go check on Benny and my horse so I'm going to be busy all afternoon. I can see you before* dinner?" She says before walking to the house.

I go give Carol the game and go over to Rick. "So what's the plan for finding Sophia? We need to get out there soon. I can go to that lake tomorrow. It's her only landmark around here." I grunt.

"I don't know. Going out alone is risky. Why don't you take someone with you?" Rick says looking at a map. "I can handle myself. I'll go out in the morning. Take a horse or something." I say angrily.

"Okay but be careful." Rick shrugs. I grunt and walk away. I go to my tent and sharpen my arrows. I do random little tasks around the camp to make time go faster.

I hear galloping so I turn around and see a greyish horse coming at full speed. I see Bailey riding bareback. She blows me a kiss and I smile back.

(*TIME SKIP*)

It was dark and I was changing in my tent. I just pulled off my shirt when someone walked in. "Hey what the hell!?" I shout. I was surprised when lips crashed against mine.

I grab her hips and pull her closer. She pulls away to soon so I keep her closer to me. "Hey baby." I smirk. "Miss me?" I joke. "You know it." She pecks my cheek.

"The girls are cooking dinner for everyone. Lori, Carol, Andrea, Beth, Maggie, Beth, Patricia." speaks. "Why aren't you in there helping?" I ask confused.

"Hun I can't cook. I'll burn the house down. If I even step foot in the kitchen the girls will flip." She smiles. "You're terrible." I sigh while shaking my head. "Oh I know. But you love it." She narrows her eyes at me. I nod in agreement.

"Dinner should be finished in a few come on." She says. We walk out and begin to the house. "Daryl what if something happens? To the farm? Where would we all go?" She frowns.

"I don't have a clue. Let's hope nothing does and keep it at that." I grunt. She shuts up and opens the door. We walk in avoiding eye contact.

She goes left and I go hide in the corner. I wait for awhile until the girls call for all of us. I waited in the back awkwardly.

Bailey walks up with two plates. "Here. Carol saved us a plate. Everyone has plenty." She says. She gives me the bigger plate. "No take this one. It has more." I say while trying to switch the plates.

"No." She says eating a piece of her food. "You need if more than I do." She speaks digging further into her plate. I knew she wasn't going to give in so I gave up and began to tear into the meat.

I looked over at Bailey and saw her staring at something a smirking. "What are you smirking at." I whisper in her ear. She gestures over to Glenn and Maggie with her chin.

"Glenn's head over heels for Mags. They had sex on their run yesterday." She whispers back. My head whips over to look at Bailey. "China mans got balls!" I shout.

Everyone turns around and looks at us. Well me. Bailey's eyes widen and puts a hand over her mouth. "Sorry.." I say with eyes wide.

Bailey started howling with laughter. She was about to fall over so I took the plate from her hands. She grabs her stomach and eventually her fit of laughter. She apologizes and grabs our plates.

She walks into the kitchen. I awkwardly make my way out onto the porch and just take in the farm. It was nice and quiet. I hear someone open the door. "What are you doing out here?" Bailey asks.

"Not a people person." I frown. "Same." She chuckles. "Yeah you are. You know how to deal with people. You can read people with ease." I grunt.

"No Daryl. I just know how to make people happier. It keeps my mind at bay. I use laughter to gain happiness. I look for the light at the end of the darkness. We all have our ways of cooping with life, and that's mine." She says sadly.

"Depression sucks. Mix that with anxiety, a bipolar disorder, and PTSD and you get a mess. I'm a mess Daryl. But I'm human. Dealing with others is kind of a must. You do it. You just don't know you do." She whispers.

"I'll see you in the morning. Goodnight." She speaks before going back inside. I frown and whisper goodnight behind her retreating figure. If only she knew she was the most beautiful mess in my eyes.

I trot to my tent and get in. Undressing and getting in the sleeping bag. I didn't sleep much threw out the night. Having Bailey on my mind was keeping me up.

I closed my eyes to get some energy for tomorrow. I'd go out early and be back before everyone was awake. The last thing on my mind was finding Sophia before darkness took over my body.

(*NEXT MORNING*)

I opened my eyes. It was maybe 4 in the morning. I had a few hours before the earlier risers would be up. I got dressed and grabbed my weapons.

I got out of the tent and went to the stables. I looked around and saw a brown horse. I got her out and saddled her. I got on and we went into the woods.

The pond was close by. We kept going and stopped when we came upon a large drop leading to the pond. The horse was standing normally until a snake darted towards her feet. The horse bucked up. I tried to hold on but I lost my grip. I tumbled down the slope and fell into the water.

I winced as I felt a shooting pain in my side. I held onto my side in agony. Black dots were clouding my vision. My eyes drooped and darkness fell over me.

------------------------------------------------------
Thought I'd throw in a random Daryl picture at the top

DIXON/REEDUS KISSES

✌Peace Out Darlings✌

Baileyy