three

CHAPTER THREE[ zombie mall ]

CHAPTER THREE
[ zombie mall ]

"Where the hell are we?" MINHO asked out of breath.

"We gotta go." Thomas breathed out.

"No. Thomas, stop!" Teresa yelled

"We gotta keep moving."

"Tell me what's going on."

"It's WICKED. It's WICKED. They lied to us. We never escaped. Me and Aris, we found bodies. Too many to count."

Florence wrapped her arm around Aris' shoulder pulling him in to comfort him and Minho asked, "What do you mean? Dead bodies?"

Thomas responded by saying, "No, but they weren't alive either. They had them strung up."

Teresa rubbed the back of her neck.

"-with tubes coming out of them. They were being drained. There's something inside of us that WICKED wants. Something in our blood. So we have to get as far away from them as possible."

"Okay. So, what's the plan?" Newt asked with his hands on his hips. Florence turned to him while he spoke. "You do have a plan, right?"

"Yeah. I don't know." Thomas said

"Well, we followed you out here, Thomas and now you're saying that you have no idea where we're going or what we're doing."

Thomas licked his lips in frustration when Aris spoke up, "Wait. Janson said something about people hiding in the mountains. Some kind of resistance or army."

"The Right Arm." Thomas confirmed. "The Right Arm. If they're really against WICKED maybe they can help us. "

Newt looked between Thomas and Aris then said, "People. In the mountains? Mountain people? That's your plan?"

Teresa and Florence looked between the 3 boys watching the conversation closely.

"It's the only chance we have."

"Hey, guys." Winston said catching everyone's attention. "Check this out. Minho, give me a light."

Minho shined the light on the sand showing footsteps. "Someone's been down here."

They started walking around-looking for anything useful that could help them in anyway. Minho shined his light into a room that was blocked by a gate. "Come on. Open up." They lifted the gate and all walked in.

Minho moved the flashlight around and Fry turned on a light. Newt blew off some dust that got on the flashlights, he picked one up. Florence-whom was standing next to Newt-picked up a flashlight too and turned it on.