thirteen

3 months later

CHAPTER THIRTEEN[ the end ]

CHAPTER THIRTEEN
[ the end ]

HARRIET had told everyone she was pregnant, just not the part about it being her step-fathers. Right now she was laying on a bed in the clinic. She was about to have the baby and they had no doctors.

"Hey, Florence. I'm gonna need you to push. I think." Harriet said

Florence screamed then started pushing. She pushed and pushed and finally a babies cries were heard. Harriet got the baby and Sonya wrapped the baby in a blanket.

The two girls gave the baby to Florence then Sonya said, "We'll leave you two to talk. Or at-least try." Sonya and Harriet walked out.

It was just Florence and the baby. Florence looked at the baby and saw something odd. There were black veins moving along the babies neck.

Florence thought the worse immediately. "Shit."

The baby started moving around in her arms. "Stop moving, please." Florence said. The babies movement got worse.

The baby started crawling out of the blanket and before Florence could wrap the baby back into the blanket it jumped on her and started biting her neck.

Florence screamed. The baby sinking his teeth into her neck. Harriet, Sonya, Vince and Minho ran into the clinic. When they saw the baby biting her Vince, Sonya and Harriet rushed forward to help while Minho stood back confused.

"I thought babies didn't have teeth. How the shuck is it biting her."

Harriet and Sonya tried pulling the baby off only for him to bite hard and deeper causing Florence to scream louder. Aris and Frypan ran in and looked around for something they could use to help.

Florence was losing so much blood. Aris ran over to her other side and grabbed her hand. Vince ended up shooting the baby and nearly hitting Florence in the process.

Aris grabbed her hand while Harriet and Sonya tried to stop the blood. "Hey. You're gonna be okay. We're gonna get you fixed up and you're gonna be fine."

Florence shook her head. "It hurts."

"You're gonna be fine."

Florence was slowly slipping out of consciousness. "Hey! You gotta stay awake, Flora!" Frypan said next to Aris.

"I got you Flower, just hold on please."

"I'm sorry, Aris." Everything went black for her.

Aris' mouth dropped. He tried checking her pulse and there wasn't one.

He began trying to shake her. "Florence. Florence. C'mom Florence this isn't funny. Wake up."

Sonya and Harriet had to pry him off of her. Minho and Frypan walked out looking down. Aris cried in Sonya and Harriet's arms for his sister and for his almost nephew.

Harriet POV

"Take Aris to his room and watch him for a little." I told Sonya. Sonya looked at me then after a few seconds nodded.

She and Aris walked away. The sun was slowly setting. I walked to the stone with names on it. I slowly traced my hand over the names.

I gulped then pulled my knife out. Tears filled my eyes as I looked at the knife and the stone. I wiped the tears away and started carving into the stone.

In my hand writing below Rachel's name read Florence. I took her knife and put it back.

I quietly walked along the beach as the the sky got darker. Letting the water hit my boots.

Soon the sun was down and I was sitting in the sand looking at the moon. "I hope your okay, Flora. Wherever you are, heaven, hell, reincarnated." I whispered. "You've been gone for an hour and I miss you so much. If only I protected you when were we at the camp 10 months ago. This wouldn't have happened. You would still be here, you wouldn't have gotten raped. It's all my sticking fault. I'm so sorry."

Aris POV

Sonya brought me to my room and left right after.

She's gonna go cry in her room. She never liked crying. Always hid it from others.

Numb. That's how I feel. I just lost my fucking sister and my nephew was a crank. He was born a crank.

Why is the world like this? Why did the flare have to be a thing? None of this would have happened. I would even still have Rachel if this hadn't happened.

WICKED and their bullshit cure. They never even found one.

I hate living.

Only thing I have right now keeping me here is Sonya and Harriet.

If I end it right now, I can be with Florence.

"I miss you, Flower." He whispered to himself laying in his bed holding a purple flower.

Sonya POV

I took Aris to his room and walked away right after. Tears fell down my face as I moved through the beach. I looked over to the stone with all the names of ones we've lost and saw Harriet carving a name in it.

She's carving Florence's name near Rachel's.

I remember where Aris put Rachel's name. I remember where Newt's is.

Great. Just fucking great. First I lose my brother, whom I didn't know was my brother until after. Now I lost my best friend. And her child who could have been my god-son died with her.

I hate it here. I truly do.

I have Harriet and Aris though. I have to be strong for them.

Who am I kidding. Florence was who kept us all together.

Tears fell down my face as I opened the door to her room. I sat on her bed and put my head in my hands and cried. My tears falling through my hands to the floor.

I covered my mouth with my hand when I realized how loud I was getting. I sobbed into my hands. The door of her room suddenly opened.

In walked Aris. He saw me and rushed over. He pulled me into a hug and started whispering things to calm me down. "It's okay. Shh. You know Florence wouldn't want you to cry. Shh. It's okay. Calm. Shhh." He rubbed his hand over my hair while I put my head in his shoulder.

One hand was on my waist and the other was on my head. I slowly pulled away from him and said, "Thank you, Aris."

"No problem."

"How are you? I didn't get to ask earlier."

"I'll be okay."

THE END.