eleven

CHAPTER ELEVEN[ run ]

CHAPTER ELEVEN
[ run ]

FLORENCE was laying in her hammock late at night, just thinking about life. She closed her eyes trying to sleep when Newt walked over.

"Hey, Florence. I hope your asleep. So i'm about to go help Thomas get Minho back. I can't sit here while he's there. Still with WICKED you know? I'm sorry for leaving you. I'm sorry for letting you get taken by WICKED. And i'm sorry about what happened." Newt said

Florence's eyes almost popped open when she heard Newt say that. He knows?, Florence thought.

"I'm gonna be gone for a little. I promise i'll come back though. And i'll take care of you and the baby. Even though it's not mine. Florence, I love you so much." He kissed her forehead and walked away.

As soon as Florence couldn't hear his footsteps, she sat up. She brought her knees to her chest and slowly tears fell down her face.

Florence sat in the dark. In the middle of a ton of other hammocks, quietly crying to herself.

After a few minutes she wiped her eyes and laid down in her hammock and went to sleep. Not knowing what dream or memory that was waiting for her.

TW: Homophobia & Rude Words

Florence was walking around late at night. All of a sudden a sack was thrown over her head and she was taken from the halls.

When she could see again, she was in a room with a small dim bulb hanging from the ceiling. Her arms were chained in her lap. She looked around frantically for a way out.

Only to see darkness. She gulped and a man emerged from the dark, stepping into the small light that the bulb provided.

"Florence. You're a disgrace. You're disgusting. You're a little fag too. Prancing around that maze with girls. Your first kiss was a girl you know. Before the fucking maze."

"You disgust me. I didn't want a faggot for a step-daughter. I shouldn't have ever married your mother. It was the biggest mistake of my life."

"You are nothing! You're a whore! You disgust me and you're mother. She doesn't love you. Aris doesn't love you. You're the fucking reason your dad left in the first place!" He yelled.

Florence just sat in the chair letting everything slowly sink into her mind. The man kept yelling.

"Oh, but what i'm gonna do outta fix things." He said pulling out a knife and walking towards her.

Florence woke up to her being shook awake. "Flora! Florence! Wake up!!" Aris yelled.

"Huh." She replied rubbing her eyes.