One Punch Man #1

So when I watched the episode where Saitama registers as a hero, and the irony when he (the strongest person in the world) gets placed in the lowest class, while his disciple is placed in the highest class, is pure gold. Genos scored the full 100 points on physical strength and the written exam, but Saitama only scored 71 (anything more than 70 is a pass). There's something I was wondering, though; why would an association for heroes have a written exam and essay as part of the test?
Here were my theories:

• To make sure they weren't idiots
• To make sure they had a general knowledge of how the hero association worked

I immediately shot down the second idea. Why would they have a seminar on how the association works if they expected the heroes to have background knowledge? I was going to go with the "no idiots" theory, but then I realized the reason. They probably asked for their fighting styles and how they would handle monsters.

Genos blew them away with his "machine gun blows" and "spiral incineration cannon" crap, but Saitama definitely said "punch it."

"But-"
"Punch it."
"This is a threat level dragon monster-"
"Is it? Then...consecutive normal punches."

There was probably intense discussion on wether or not to pass him.

"Punch it? He's an idiot!"
"He did break all of our records for physical strength though."
"He might be telling the truth."
"No one can beat Centichoro with a single punch."
"Eh, let's start him off in Class C. If he's for real, he'll be Class S in no time."

Anyway, that's it