CHAPTER 18

CHAPTER 18:
For you.
Kikuko

I stood no chance in life.

In the year of my birth, women were not yet Jujutsu Sorcerers. You either married one and carried on the family name through your sons, or married off your daughter to a great family line so that she may bare herself sons.

And you treaded lightly.

My family was erased from the clans by my husband, but only per my request. My father had concubines, his wife being a shallow bitch who beat them because she could not have sons. When I was born, he did not want to claim me as his until he discovered that I had obtained the sacred cursed technique: Power of the Stars.

I could harness the power of any star I wanted, but it all depended on how strong I was and I was already born frail and sickly. My mother, one of his concubines, nursed me back to health and I only have a few memories of her.

Because he killed her.

He wanted to make me legitimate, and couldn't have her talking, so he ordered her execution and had me placed as his wife's daughter. She despised me because any daughter she had was killed for not being a boy, and yet I am born with the Cursed Technique that his family is well desired for and suddenly I can live?

But that does not excuse anyone to be a bitch.

I wanted her to love me, but she always turned me away or even beat me senseless.

So when I was approached to become a Sorcerer, I jumped at it. I finally escaped that Hell, but they told me I wasn't to go out into the field.

"What if you hurt yourself?"

"If you're hurt, it might effect your ability to have children."

"Any man wouldn't want a scarred woman."

And so I marched up to a Priestess and asked to become one, so I wouldn't be expected to bare any children and wouldn't be expected to look pretty for any man.

It made me hate children, how they pushed their ideals onto me, and so I forced myself out into the field and still hold the record for female Jujutsu Sorcerer who has killed the most high ranking Curses.

I craved power.

I craved respect.

Which caught the attention of Ryōmen Sukuna.

He killed all my friends, all my comrades, to get to me. I couldn't lie and say I wasn't attracted to him, and he said he wanted someone by his side to rule with him. And he knew I wanted respect, so this offer would be one I couldn't refuse.

"I may want all you say, Ryōmen, but I do not want a senseless marriage."

"Marriage? I only claimed a partnership, Naya Kikuko."

"That is the only partnership I will accept. I am the daughter of a concubine after all, so I know their treatment. I want to be your equal - your Queen. Woo me, treat me with kindness, and I will accept. You have four full moons until then."

And he did just that. I will not lie and say I waited until we were wed because he treated me how I wanted. I was his equal, I was his Queen, and he protected me as I protected him. I knew I loved him and I expressed this to him, knowing he may not feel the same but fortunately he did. It was the most beautiful time of my life.

Until my father and his wife came knocking.

"Sweetheart, please, stop this. You know I love you."

"Bring us protection, or they might kill your beloved mother."

I couldn't believe the words coming out of her mouth.

"The only mother I had was one you had killed, and you could have treated me as your own but you decided to be a bitter bitch and hate me. I want nothing more than to see your suffering."

Sukuna had them wiped out in a matter of minutes.

And when I started feeling sick and ill, and not able to properly execute my technique, I knew I was pregnant.

But I wasn't scared.

Sukuna was worried because he knew how I suffered as a baby, and knew he may lose me, but I wanted my baby. I could feel her love and her happiness even before she entered this world, that she would be the tie between us both.

Which is why I was happy to die.

I gave my husband a final kiss goodbye before I gave my final push and she started to breath, and I lost my own. So as I awoke and saw her and felt her, I couldn't let her go again. She's perfect, she's exactly as I pictured and she has so much room in her heart to love, but knows when to turn off that smile and show that she is indeed the daughter of Kikuko and Sukuna.

"Kikuko-chan," Gojo-kun spoke up.

"Yes?"

"What do you think of Megumi?" I turned my attention back to the screen, where that boy was fighting for his life and all the while trying to see if Sakura was okay.

I smiled, "I think I see a bit of Sukuna in him."

///
Hope you guys enjoyed! Sorry I couldn't get this out sooner, the snow had hit Texas pretty bad and I rlly hate the cold.