CHAPTER 9

(Play Dangerous Woman during this. . .trust me)
CHAPTER 9:
What now?
Sakura

"Go away."

This is so stupid.

Why won't he just leave me alone?

Megumi has been inside my room, staring at me from my bed as I sat infront of my door. When I was out, he snuck in to confront me.

"Sakura, we need to talk."

"Only if it's you apologizing," I crossed my arms.

He sighed, "Sakura, we-"

"Out-actually, I think I'll show myself out," But as I opened the door again, something grabbed my tank top and dragged me onto the floor.

What the?!

He summoned his Demon Dogs, and the other sat infront of the closed door, just wagging its tail.

"You seriously didn't just use your Shikigami to lock me in my own room!" I said, completely baffled by his behavior.

"Sakura, why did you use his name?" His voice was lower than usual, sending a chill down my spine and I reluctantly sat down on my desk chair.

"I am his daughter. I am his blood. There's no denying that, and they've always told me I'd end up like him so might as well show them that I really am his flesh," I explained.

Yes, if other instructors have heard, they'd definitely lock me up or even kill me. But, it felt good to know that they roles were reversed for once.

"I don't expect you to understand, Megumi, but I do expect sympathy. I did what I was finally able to do - stand up for myself. That's their way of it. It always has been!"

"But not like this!"

I stood up, "Yes! Yes, like this! They have respect from their power, and now I can have that too!"

"But that's not you!" He grabbed my shoulders, pulling me in close.

What?

"What are you talking about? You've known me for six months. You've been alive for fifteen years - I've been alive for two hundred. You don't know-" His hands slid from my shoulders to my wrists and he did the unexpected.

He threw me onto my bed, hovering above me and straddling my hips. His face was way too close for comfort.

"You've always dreamed of having a picnic in a meadow with someone you love because of that scene in Star Wars with Anakin and Padme, you love bees but hate butterflies, you always keep the fan on at night even when its freezing outside because you like being covered in blankets. You always listen to whale noises to fall asleep because you believe it stops nightmares. You like collecting crystals to stop bad energy, you love sparring but you're terrified of hurting others, and you idolize your mother. You love her so much but you're scared to ever say so because of the Elders and others who've only compared you to Sukuna, but I know you're nothing like him. Yes, you're determined, you're cunning, but so was Kikuko Naya," His voice started to get softer, never breaking eye contact.

H-how. . .

"And even if you don't know it, you always play with your necklace when you're nervous or scared. You hate being alone and falling asleep alone because you're afraid you won't wake up again. . .but you don't have to be. You don't need Sukuna because he's hopeless. You've always had your mothers assets and personality traits but you never saw it because you care too much about what other people say. I know you, Sakura Naya, and you may be Sukunas' daughter, but. . .you're Kikuko Nayas' daughter too."

I didn't know how to respond. He knew so much, he learned all this and remembered all of it during our time together. He didn't have prejudice against me because he knows I have it against myself without my knowledge of it.

"I'm sorry. . ." I whispered, afraid to speak up because of our closeness.

"I'm sorry too. . ." He trailed off, and his grip on my wrists loosened and he got off.

"You can hear the noises when I play them?" I asked as he headed towards the door.

But I didn't want him to go.

"I didn't know what it was at first, but I caught on. . .it helps me sleep too," He confessed, his hand on my door handle as I got up and grabbed his sleeve.

He looked down at me as my heart hammered in my chest and I just hugged him, and he took a while, but he hugged me back.

And it felt good.

It felt like this was something we both needed.

But as my arms loosened around his neck and his around my waist, we didn't pull away.

Yet, it felt so natural. So as we faced eachother again, and like a lion in desperate need for water, his hands came up to my face and he pulled me closer so that our bodies were pressed against eachother.

Is he going to. . .kiss me. . .?

"WOOF!"

But the moment was interrupted by his Demon Dogs reminding us that they were still their, and we quickly pulled away from eachother.

"I-I, uhm-"

"It's fine, I-"

"I'll just go-"

"Yeah, that-that sounds good. . ."

What. . .just happened?

////
SAUCY! Obviously the next few chapters will be a why, what, when, how, etc. and Maki-senpai will definitely be in consultance with the both of these desperate love birds.