08

"We're going to steal the ship?" Will questioned, sounding rather light and uneasy.

Since the trio had left Catherine's house, there had mostly been silence during their journey to the docks. It surprised Catherine for some reason neither one of them had said a word until now as they hid under the bridge, watching Norrington's men prepare their ship to sail. Men carried crates of supplies up the wooden ramp, all minding to their tasks. Norrington hadn't been anywhere insight which she deemed the better.

She lightly touched the wall with the tips of her fingers, leaning her hip into the cold, damp stones, watching Jack surveyed the bay at the multiple ships that rested on top of the ocean. There was a pretty clear image of the kind of look on Will's face in her mind so she didn't care to glance back at him.

Jack's head turned its gaze from the busy ship closest to them, now having his eyes set on the other ship that was not too far away.

"We're going to steal that ship?" Will's voice was higher this time, sounding as if this plan was mad beyond relief.

"Commander. We're going to commander that ship." Jack replied as if it was nothing, pointing to the first ship he saw. "Nautical term." He added, pointing to it.

Catherine couldn't help herself but grin. "This is going to be fun."

The pirate looked over his shoulder, throwing her a flirty grin which made her grin snap off. He turned around to face the two standing behind him. As he turn, his chest pressed right up to Catherine's front, making her cheeks burn. This made him give a toothy grin, causing her to push him back into a slight stumble. "One question about your business, you two, there's no use going." He looked in between the both of them. "This girl. How far are you both willing to go to save her?"

Will took a step forward, raising his chin. "I'd die for her."

The level of seriousness in his tone took Catherine by surprise. She knew he loved her but she had no idea it was this serious.

Blinking, she looked back to Jack, nodding. "As would I."

"Oh good. No worries then." He spoke lightly, turning around.

Catherine rolled her eyes, leaning against the wall on her side. "So what do we do now?"

~

"This is either madness or brilliance." Will deadpanned.

"This is too stupid to even be able to fully process." Catherine snapped, letting out a small huff.

Jack led the way as they each walked across the bottom of the ocean floor with a long boat above them by some miracle, allowing them to have no water underneath it. He threw a small glare to Catherine, then spoke to Will. "It's remarkable how often those two traits often coincide."

Catherine couldn't believe how this was even possible. It was rather incredible on Jack's part but she refused to let him know that.

Shaking her head, she changed the subject. "I find myself asking this question again: what do we do now?"

~

Gripping the wooden railings, Catherine felt her arms slightly shaking as the trio climbed up the back of the Dauntless. "Why is it every time I ask this question now, we do an even more moronic thing right after the other?" She hissed between both of the men.

"You are having fun, love?" Jack mocked, an invisible poke which she felt in her side. She could hear the grin in his words making her groan to herself.

Before she could make a smart remark back, Catherine felt herself slip, a sharp gasp escaping from her. The bars felt harder against her palm as she held them tighter. Her eyes casted down at the large distance between her and the ocean. It wasn't like she would die if she fell, the ocean would save her, but it didn't ease her fear nonetheless.