Epilogue

Seagulls cried from outside of the port hole within the Captain Quarters, mixing in with the crashes on the waves against the belly of the infamous Black Pearl.

All of those sounds were masked by the sound of giggling that came from a lazy Catherine. She threw her head back against the many pillows supporting her, a joyous sound escaping her lips. It took every bit of strength within her to look down at Jack's finger digging under her bent knee, continuing his journey of finding her most ticklish spots.

"How about here?" He hummed, lightly dragging his fingers across her upper thigh, sharply moving under to pinch the skin, causing her to squeal. "Is it ticklish here, love?" The wicked grin on his lips caused her to smack his shoulder.

"Yes! Only because you pinched me, you bastard," She giggled. This was typical for most mornings and evenings between the pair. Lounging around in their shared cabin, enjoying the longing touches and secretive smiles.

Jack raised his brows. "Bastard?" He questioned, rolling to lay on his side in between her legs. Glancing at her knee, he gently rest his warm cheek against her skin, a mischievous look swirling in his dark eyes. He turned his head, trailing kissed up her inner thigh. "Is that what you call your loving husband?"

Catherine attempted to bit back her growing smirk, glancing down at the emerald ring that wrapped around her left finger. It had only been a week since they had gotten married, spending some time on the small island they wed on, Mr. Gibbs performing the ceremony. She had never been so ready to become a wife until now, knowing she'd be married to a man who not only challenged her mind, but her patience as well.

Her mind thought back to the question she asked Jack once she accepted his proposal:

"Why an emerald ring? It's beautiful and I love it, but why emerald?" She asked, holding out her hand as she admired the jewel wrapped around her finger.

Jack held her finger's, lifting the hand to press a kiss on the symbol of their marriage. "Because I love the color on you. It pairs with the fire of your hair, darling, and that I love together." He pulled her to his chest by her waist.

Giggles came from her as she palmed his chest. "Is that so?" She questioned teasingly. The ring glistened in the moonlight causing a smile to tug at her lips. "Since when has Jack Sparrow known how coordinate colors?" A brow arched on her face. It was a very serious question.

The pirate flinched his head back, furrowing his brows with his pouted lips. "I'm a very stylish man, Catherine. Do you think I would walk around in what William wears?"

Catherine snorted, rolling her eyes. "Be nice, pirate, not everyone can be adorn in accessories as well as you," She flirted with ease.

His signature grin grew on his lips. "And you better remember that, love."

By god, she did love this man.

Studying the ring once more, she touched the gem. "Where did you get the ring from?" She asked, glancing up at him.

Jack looked down at her hand on her chest, plucking it up to trace the ring with his thumb. "Isla de Muerta. I found it as you were walking away with Elizabeth." His dark eyes found her hazel eyes.

Her breath hitched in her throat. "And you kept it all this time...for me?" She whispered, holding his gaze.

"Aye." It felt as if his eyes were pouring his heart and soul into her body. "You are the only woman I ever wish to be with."

Catherine stared at him in awe, instantly pushing herself up to press her lips against his.

~

The smile on Catherine's lips tugged up higher. She brushed a hand over Jack's bandana lovingly, curving it down under his chin which she then gripped firmly. "Yes that is what I call my loving husband when he's acting like one." She held his eyes, giving a smirk as he glared at her.

His expression caused her to burst out into laughter, throwing her head back. She nearly missed his face melting into a soft smile, staring at the women he loves with complete awe.

"I love when you do that," He murmured.

The laughter died down within her. Up and down her chest rose as she tried to regain her breath. "Do what?" She giggled softly.

"Laugh. Especially when I'm the one who pulls it from you." The pirate began to crawl up her body, trapping her underneath him. He stared down at her, lowering his face to kiss her, swirling his tongue with hers. Sneaking her hands up his up his waist, she cupped his face, holding him so she could kiss him a little longer.

Jack pulled away to playfully nip at her jawline, causing her to giggle.

Just as he went to kiss her again, there was a knock on the door.

They snapped their heads to the door as a muffled voice came through, "Captain?"

Mr. Gibbs.

"Sorry to disturb you, but you are needed on deck." There was an awkward, uncomfortable tone in his voice, followed by a few clears of his throat.

Catherine rolled her head back to look at her husband, chuckling in amusement at the situation. It was even funnier seeing Jack growing rather irritated about having to be pulled away from his wife.

When he finally look at her, she gave him a cheeky smile, cocking her head to the side. He huffed out, "We will finish this later." A kiss was pressed to her temple before her stood up on his knees. The dark eyes trailed over her body still laying on the bed. He cocked up at brow down at her. "I'm going to be needing my shirt back." He tugged at the end of his shirt she wore, his fingers brushing against her upper thigh.

Biting her lip to contain her growing grin, she looked challengingly up at him. "Then you are going to have to take it off yourself."

A sound that was a mix between a sigh and a whimper came from the man, pulling giggles from the fiery red head. "You are going to be the death of me, Mrs. Sparrow." Jack looked at her with pleading eyes.

Catherine sat up, wrapping her arms around his neck. She gave a sweet smile, opening her mouth, "I plan to be."

And she crashed her lips against his.

*cue the pirates of the caribbean soundtrack*