24

Day had turned into night, creating a dark, ominous environment as the Catherine watched the longboats drift towards the Black Pearl. It seemed the day had been dragged in the shortest way possible. Catherine spent most of the day watching Jack from below deck, watching as he help navigate through the waters to where Will was being kept.

She didn't have to look much to know Jack had been doing the same thing. His eyes were finding their way down to her while she sat and "read," or talked to Elizabeth or her uncle.

Catherine was itching to speak to Jack but could never get alone with him. It made her sigh constantly, longingly, but she finally gave up looking at him and returned to reading or watching the ocean as they sailed, for she didn't know if she'd ever be able to sail the ocean anytime soon once she returned home.

When night came, Jack and the Commodore and his men had gone. Catherine still stayed in the same spot, waiting for Elizabeth to return from changing into whatever clothes were aboard. But before she could take in her cousin's appearance, Elizabeth came shouting to the Commodore's second in command.

Opening her mouth to speak, arms instantly seized Catherine's arms, dragging her off of the barrel she had been sitting on. "Get off of me! What the hell do you think you are doing?" She snapped, freeing one arm to slap the other soldier's face with her book then dropping it. Success only lasted for a second before they grabbed her arms once more, dragging her away.

Two other soldier's grabbed Elizabeth's arms, now dragging both young women to the back of the ship.

Even as they continued to fight and struggle, it did them no good. This was bad, bad for what was to come. Elizabeth knew what dangers lied ahead, but Catherine had none of the sort. All she knew, she did not want to be manhandled.

"I'm sorry, miss,  but this is for both of your own good." The Commodore's second informed, his voice sounding not as sincere as it should have.

Elizabeth thrashed, looking at the man, "The Commodore, there's something I have to tell him! The pirates, they're cursed! They can't be killed!" She screamed as she and Catherine were shoved into the Commodore's quarters.

Catherine's eyes went wide as she had remembered, understanding why Elizabeth was fighting them so much. She can't believe she had forgotten such a major detail. These men were going to fight a losing battle. "You can't keep us in here! They are going to die!" Catherine shouted, ripping her hair out of it's ponytail, letting her fiery locks free.

The man who had spoken before stood in front of the doorway, looking between both of the young women. "Don't worry, miss. He's informed of that. A little mermaid flopped up on deck and told him the whole story." He flashed them his eyebrows up, chuckling as he locked the doors behind him.

"This is Jack Sparrow's doing!" Elizabeth shouted, shaking the door handles.

Catherine's stomach twisted.

Elizabeth was right and she hated it. What she hated even more was that she hated it. It was Jack's doing.

Instead of speaking of the pirate, she watched her cousin whip around, meeting her eyes. "We need to find a way out of here." Catherine adjusted her emerald blouse she wore, seeing it had begun to look rather clean from being in the ocean so much.

"What do you suggest?" Elizabeth pushed off the door, adjusting her newly adorn red jacket. Now she looked like a sailor standing in trousers instead of her underdress.

Catherine's eyes surveyed the room, looking around. Her eyes settled on a window, snapping to a bed that was out of the corner of her eye. "You're not afraid of heights, are you?" She questioned her cousin lightly.