Chapter six: the morning after

"Sidekick!" Shuichi awoke the next morning to Kaito's yelling. "You never told me you had a secret admirer!"

Shuichi was confused.

"I told him about it." Kaede explained.

"Well?!" Kaito shouted. "Who is it?!"

"Kaito. We don't know, that's why they're secret." Shuichi said nervously, as he got up.

The rest of the weekend went like a normal weekend would, well, as normal as it could get with him being a detective. He had solved 2 cases that weekend.

But another case awaited him after school.

There was finally another letter in his locker. He and Kaede read it while walking back to his house.

Shuichi Saihara,

Sorry for the delay in notes, I just got VERY busy.

Today's clue is actually really useful.

My first name starts with K.

You're still beautiful, talented, and amazing,

~K (Secret Admirer) <3

Shuichi blushed a little at the compliment.

"That narrows it down to just two people, if we use all the clue's we've gotten so far." Kaede pointed out.

When they got to Shuichi's house, he crossed off Himiko and Ryoma.

That left just Kiibo and Kokichi.

"Well, I could compare their handwriting to the handwriting in the letter.. That'd be effective. Although their handwriting is very similar, making it hard for me to tell the difference.." Shuichi rambled.

"Uh- Shuichi? You're rambling." Kaede said.

"S-Sorry!" Shuichi apologized.

229 words