Chapter eight: A confession

Kokichi Oma, the ultimate supreme leader, dangled upside down in front of the ultimate detective. Shuichi jumped back, startled

"Heya Shumai!" The short boy said.

"Oma! You startled me!" Shuichi scolded.

"I know! That was the point of this." Kokichi giggled. "You probably know why I wanted you here."

"You're my secret admirer, aren't you?"

"Nope! A different reason."

Shuichi looked kind of surprised.

"But that was just a lie." Kokichi teased, and got off of the tree.

"So you really are?" Shuichi's face got red as he said that.

"Yep!" Kokichi responded.

Shuichi's face got redder, if that was even possible.

"I guess I should make this a more thought out confession, so I love you, Shumai!" Kokichi confessed.

"S-Shumai?!" Shuichi said, slightly taken aback by the sudden nickname he had gotten.

"I-I guess I like you too.." Shuichi answered.

"Really?!" Kokichi asked, his eyes lit up, and his face red. "It's not a lie?!"

"Really..." Shuichi answered.

Kokichi wrapped his arms around the detective.

After a moment, he hugged him in return.

The two boys stayed like that for a moment, and then let go of each other.

"So I guess this means we're dating now?" Kokichi asked, putting his hands behind his head and smiling.

"I guess.." Shuichi answered.

The two's relationship went for the rest of their life. Yes I did wait 5 days just to post this  draft. Alright bye.

237 words